+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How often do you expect to be texted?

How often do you expect to be texted?

So I've started texting this girl I like and all was well but noticed she takes ages to reply and I'm not too used to that due to previous relationships being quite frequent. Everything was going fine, texting each other over the course of 3 hours or so before she went to work or bed. Since she takes ages to reply I sometimes get a little impatient and text her trying to start a new conversation incase she has forgotten about the last text but this has annoyed her slightly.

She sent me a text saying she doesn't know if she wants to go on a date with me since I come across needy with the amount of texts I send... This really confused me since I don't send her more than 1 or 2 texts a day and I sent her a text on sunday and got no reply all day sunday, monday and nothing for most of Tuesday so I sent her another text asking how her day had been and she said it was good but I need to give her time to reply and wasn't sure if she wanted to go on a date if I was going to be needy.

Note: I keep seeing her pop up on facebook chat but unsure if her phone just does that when she has wifi. Also we agreed to go on a date couple weeks before this text so now I'm a tad confused. I didn't think I was being that forward or sending that much texts. She went on to say she is looking for someone who would send her just a couple texts a day, like a good morning and goodnight sort of thing. She is a nurse and works long hours and says her phone is one of the last things she checks thus lack of replying

Any advice or opinions on this?

Ok first I will say if she is a nurse, she's right. I'm a nurse as well and when ur working 12 hour shift, no, you don't have time to check your phone and it's not like you hear it because it is on vibrate. Another thing is like myself, some people are old fashioned when it comes to phones. I'm not a big txt person either. Txt me a quick hi, bye and maybe a quick sentence if it's really that important other than that. NO don't txt me, especially a conversation. Pick up a phone and call me. I like to hear a persons voice. I will also forget to txt a person back, not on purpose, just because I just don't have the time at that second and by the time I do, hours have passed and I'm most likely by then to be on the phone with them anyway. Just be a little more sensitive to people like us, yes they're are still a few of us left, lol

I am trying to be sensitive but it seems I'm coming across too nice or needy as she said. I don't feel like we are at a chatting on the phone level yet if that makes sense. Any advice on how to approach her through texts? She has said in the past that I'm the first guy to treat her like a real person rather than a piece of meat or a quick hook up. I haven't known her long but I really want to get to know her more but don't want to come on too strong and scare her away

lalalita Guest
    You're not overdoing it, so her claiming you're needy is a bit much.

Texting her, getting no reply. Waiting a few days, then texting again? That's not clingy.

A woman, no matter how busy (I don't care if you're a nurse), WILL get back to you and not let messages go unanswered if she is interested.

I question her interest in you.

well I didn't think I was over doing it. I understand she is a nurse and busy but it only take a minute, usually less to reply. Even a simple "sorry had a busy day and need my bed, talk later?" would be fine but hearing nothing makes my mind wonder and think that I've done something wrong. I guess I'll have to wait and see...

I don't like Too Much Text Message. Instead, just give me a call. What we will end up texting about for 3 hours, we could talk about it on the phone for an hour, which more more understanding.

For me too much text from a guy i barely knew is a deal breaker and i have told some guys, am sorry i don't want to meet for a first date, let alone second date. Because during those time, they texted me frequently, when i didn't reply some on time, they actually got offended and start acting like kids, and am like, Ciao!

Yes, i still do a bit of texting, when it's neccessary, like "I'll be 10min late, I'm waiting at this coffee shop e.t.c"
    If men were God

No I get it. I don't spam her with texts or get annoyed or angry when she doesn't reply. Honestly I may be ever so slightly annoyed but I won't show it or say anything. I have never sent her more than two texts in a row without a reply.

I'm not a big fan of talking on the phone, much rather talk in person rather than texting or phoning haha. Just need to reach that point first

When she said you thread her like a real person she might meant aswell that you are "nice guy", going slow and being careful. Perhaps she might want some more action from you. Like be more focused and know what you want from her letting her know that. That compliment might aswell be a gentle way to tell you you are too slow.
    Reminds me girl who told me her address in first reply and then losing interest once I just started to chat about random things without mentioned meeting with her.

Answering to your question I would want to be texted everyday. But in your case just drop a text once a week until she tells you to fck off.
    Last edited by pcmaster; 28-06-14 at 12:36 AM.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Not true lala, not sure where you're getting what you deem to be "facts" but not everyone woman jumps to a txt. And yes some are that busy no matter how interested they are so once again speak for yourself.
    Never mind , is see your in your 20's so that explains a few things.
    Last edited by Belleann; 28-06-14 at 09:17 AM.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Simpo View Post
    She went on to say she is looking for someone who would send her just a couple texts a day, like a good morning and goodnight sort of thing. She is a nurse and works long hours and says her phone is one of the last things she checks thus lack of replying

Any advice or opinions on this?
    I'm a nurse, and I don't take personal phone calls or text messages while working, except from my daughter, who has health issues. I am way too busy, and my job requires a lot of me.

I don't like that people feel they have the right to interrupt me at work and expect a reply because "it only takes a minute". If I were YOUR nurse (or someone you cared about), I doubt you would appreciate me attending to non-urgent matters instead of doing what I am paid to do, especially with medically fragile people.

The thing you should know (if you want to date a nurse) is that we know the difference between what is important and what isn't, and we are very used to prioritizing. Stroking your ego at the expense of a patient is probably low down on the list.
    Last edited by vashti; 28-06-14 at 09:34 AM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

lalalita Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Belleann View Post
    Not true lala, not sure where you're getting what you deem to be "facts" but not everyone woman jumps to a txt. And yes some are that busy no matter how interested they are so once again speak for yourself.
    Never mind , is see your in your 20's so that explains a few things.
    I'm not sure where I deemed anything a fact.

How about laying off countering every post I make and sticking to your advice?

How about laying off countering every post I make and sticking to your advice?

Ummm that would be you!!!
    Bye Felicia.

I would appreciate a text after each one I send, at least an hour or so time frame from sending it, if the text is time sensitive I would prefer as soon as possible.

I don't send him a lot of texts, so when I do they are meaningful, so he knows I'd like some kind of reply. Not like I can just pop over for a talk.
    It's not what you have, it's what you do with what you have that matters.

i don't answer my texts when busy at work i know whoever is texting knows my work times and should get i am busy so shouldn't be put off if i don't reply until a lunch break or home time.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

i too have known girls who are slow to answer,too busy bs!they are just rude,careless,cold and ignorant.get rid and move on,you would be begging for affection every day if you dont.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast