+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Guys, Should I forgive this? Thanks!

Guys, Should I forgive this? Thanks!

- Been in a 3 years relationships with a person who is from France and since oct. 2014, he lives with me, waiting for a work permit.
    - He met a girl in a sport club and initiated flirt with her, invited her to play sport and to go out for a dinner with him alone, made compliments.
    - Nothing happenend between them, and there was no sexual oriented content in the conversations.

He explained to me that he had the need to feel attractive and desired and that it lacked at a certain point in our relationship and that he lives in fantasies too much and to talk to her was a way to 'break' the fantasy and to make her 'real'. Lame.

It's been a few days, the loneliness started hitting me. I reacted strongly and I now wonder if I should take him back or if this would be a big mistake.
    On his part he texted me he missed me and wanted to spend his life with me and me only (still sounds like bs).

Ok I know this is ask a male but from my own perspective I know I would find it difficult to forgive this. I tend to think even if nothing physical has happened it's still a betrayal (I'd rather a partner have a drunken one night stand than a longer term emotional relationship and feelings with another woman) but that's just me and I'm not the most trusting person. It would be a shame to throw away a 3 year relationship and maybe it was just a blip but it depends if you feel you could move past this or whether it would always be on your mind every time he went out and if u could refrain from bringing it up at every opportunity (which I know I probably struggle with). Only you know ur man and the strength of ur relationship and whether you can move past this x

What about the next time you hit a rough patch? He will do the same thing again. You cant trust him when things get bad which is when he should be strong for you. Yoyr gonna go through all sorts of ups ans downs in life and IMO you need a man who can hack it. This one cant

Right now you are just lonely which is normal after a breakup but if you stay strong, you will get over him.

And to answer your question: no I wouldnt forgive him. He took another girl out on a date. He knew he was betraying you when he did that and hoped he wouldnt get caught. Plus you dont really know for sure that nothing happened. All you have is his word on that which he proved you cant trust anymore..

I would dump him
    Last edited by michelle23; 28-06-14 at 10:29 AM.

He is full of it, you stick to guns and stay broken up.

Quote Originally Posted by Confused1234500 View Post
    Ok I know this is ask a male but from my own perspective I know I would find it difficult to forgive this. I tend to think even if nothing physical has happened it's still a betrayal (I'd rather a partner have a drunken one night stand than a longer term emotional relationship and feelings with another woman) but that's just me and I'm not the most trusting person. It would be a shame to throw away a 3 year relationship and maybe it was just a blip but it depends if you feel you could move past this or whether it would always be on your mind every time he went out and if u could refrain from bringing it up at every opportunity (which I know I probably struggle with). Only you know ur man and the strength of ur relationship and whether you can move past this x
    Tyvm Confused, I'm the same way in regards to a one night stand vs an emotional affair.