+ Follow This Topic

Thread: A guy friend or a jerk ? or possible bf in the future ? need your help

A guy friend or a jerk ? or possible bf in the future ? need your help

I thought this guy liked me he said he knows I like him he brought up the conversation because I guess he wanted to talk about it we have been " friends " for years .I 'am not sure why he would all of a sudden bring this up now . I told him that I liked him and he said he doesnt have feelings for me he doesnt like me that way he doesnt wanna be my bf.He said he thought about dating me before but he cant see it working.He said he is attracted to me.I told him in response to all this that I dont think we should be talking /hanging out anymore .He apparently doesnt want that he said he felt like he lost me / he sees me as his best friend . I'am just confused why would he possibly care about seeing me again or talking to me after saying that he didnt like me is he confused ? what is his deal ? why does he need to keep me around.

I even bought him flowers before.

Should I stop talking / hanging out with him ?

Simple, your his best friend. The same exact thing happened to me but the opposite way. My really close friend (not best friend) ended up having feelings for me and this was even after a few year prior I told him and I quote "don't ever catch feelings for me because they won't be returned" but there we were, a few years later and he told me just that. I was honest, I had ZERO feelings for him on that level and I even reminded him of what I told him years earlier, he didn't get it either but I just didn't and still don't like him that way. He's a great friend but I see him as nothing more. Was his feelings hurt? Yes but not my fault. I guess you can't help where the heart goes sometimes but you also can't blame the other person if their heart isn't in sync with yours.

He said I dont wanna lead you on. He apparently doesnt like me yet he always wants to talk to me / hangout .He is touchy feely he even holds my hand and is the type to hug which I find strange for just friends..He has flirted with me before and honestly I was shocked I thought he liked me he never acted as if he was not interested.As far as continuing a fake friendship I probably will not talk or see him again I'am that angry / depressed about this situation.I think he has serious issues with commitment since he mentioned this out of no where we were discussing our summer vacation plans.

MALE opinions greatly appreciated please strictly men only for this thread sorry.I feel like a female's response would be similar to my own in regards to advice. I would rather a man tell me what this situation is since women tend to overanalyze or be over critical whereas I feel as if men just tell it like it is without over thinking it .
    thanks in advance