+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Just not that into me?

Just not that into me?

Coworker, 2 hours away, we text. I rarely see him. He's sweet, helpful, protective abt other guys, compliments/brags abt me, always apologizing. I give up, he tries harder. Sent an edible arrangement (bought on V- Day). Shows off about his nights out(never mentions girls). Nervous around me, fidgets/rubs hair/blushes. Mirrors my text style/copies me. Doesn’t text on weekends-not interested? Says Good Morning early Monday to ask about my weekend. Said “doesn’t do Facebook”, but does. But our manager is against it too. Made work plans, fell through, he said we’d reschedule, didn't. Made plans to go get drinks, he said he might be able but had plans to golf. I said rain check he said “Definitely” but hasn't tried to make plans before-not interested? I think he likes me, maybe too risky, I'm higher in the company/can come off distant. But I know if we EVER hang out, something will happen. Advice?

It sounds like he could be into you. You mention you're coworkers but you barely see him? Do you work two different shifts or something?

The fact that he never texts you on weekends and says he doesn't facebook when he does is something I'd be weary of. Could mean he has a gf and doesn't want you two to find out about each other.

Have you guys ever hung out outside of work?

My advice: if you do hang out with him and that expected 'something' happens, don't wait by the phone. I can't see that he has any romantic interest in you whatsoever.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

This is too complicated for me. All the mixed signals and BS. I wouldn't waste my time

NIco88: I'm an editor/designer, and hes a salesman for my territory, which is 2 hours away :/ We do talk everyday

I've never texted him on the weekend, maybe that would help (I'm higher up in the company, 3 years older, etc) probably no excuse. I asked him about Facebook in Jan. We had an issue with people being facebook friends, someone wasn't doing their job & facebook proved it got axed. My sales manager(his boss) is very against it now, Maybe a reason. His twitter (made private a month ago) there was no sign of a gf, very single dude: sports, "hot chick" memes, etc

We planned to see a client, the client couldnt find a good day. He said we could try again, neither of us tried. Last Sat. we planned get drinks (I was around), he already had plans to go golfing an hour away, didn't know if he'd be back in time. I said rain check, he said definitely. Maybe just a brush off answer.

I gotcha. Uh idk man. Usually if we're interested in a girl we'll work something out to make our plans happen, whether it's last minute or not. The fact that he kinda brushed it off to go golfing of all things seems like maybe he's not really that interested. I'd listen to michelle and maybe not waste your time. I bet you can find a guy who would go out of his way for you instead of not willing to miss a tee off at the golf course, you know?

Thank you for your input. Yeah :/ that's what I always end up telling myself. Unfortunately, that's never how it goes though haha. They all go out of their way until I realize "oh hey, maybe this could be something good" and hop on board too... then all of the sudden the boat is underwater and I'm stuck clinging to a life raft by myself. We'll see. But I'm glad I can quit while I'm ahead in this case, sort of.

I don't know..If you find me, let me know.
    Do you have any idea about he is interested in you or not or may be did you received any kind of signs from his side if yes then he in interested, otherwise not sure about it he is into you or not. Well hang out with him and see what's go ahead.

[MENTION=76529]kj2005[/MENTION]: Sorry to hear that. I've been there before myself. Just keep your head up. I bet you'll find someone soon..

Sounds like he is just enjoying your attention. If he wanted to have a date, he would have made plans and go through with it.
    A strong woman takes advantage of help she can get from people around her but she doesn't rely on them for anything

She uses logic and manages her emotions

She offers help either because it is a business transaction or out of kindness. It is never because she hopes others will return the favour or out of fear of losing them

She has her own mind and thinks for herself and knows that she has to be the one who bears the consequences of her decisions

nico88: Yeah, always a less than inspirational situation haha, but thank you :) here's hoping.

fearoflove: Yeah, I've started to 100% agree with that as well. Ugh. No more. I tend to be pretty selective with my attention unfortunately, so when people abuse it I find it very upsetting. Everyone does it I suppose (including myself), but it sucks when you realize that's what's happening. I'm done trying to make plans, and I'm hoping the more distant I am, the more he'll leave me alone, and stop coaxing me along just for fun. Unfortunately we have to stay in constant contact because of work, so that's challenging. Could have gone worse I suppose...

[MENTION=76529]kj2005[/MENTION]: I'd be straight with the dude and tell him that you would rather him not try and make plans with you if he doesn't intended on keeping em. This way he knows you're not just some chick he can string along for an ego boost or some shit like that. He'll do one of two things: he'll either **** off (which might be good since you mentioned you want him to back off) or he'll man up and actually follow through the next time he asks to meet up.

Yeah I agree, that sounds like a good plan. If he wants to really try, he can go right ahead, I've done more than enough. Thank you for your advice throughout, it's definitely made me feel a lot better.

Good. I'm glad I could help a little..