+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Question about sleeping in same bed while camping. Trying to figure her out

Question about sleeping in same bed while camping. Trying to figure her out

Short story, 4 day big festival event with camping. Me and my best friend took an RV. We ran into some girls he knew well. Two came back to the RV and ended up sleeping with us. One girl slept with me in my bed. The next night, she sort of claimed "our bed". Nothing happened while sleeping. No advances. I did put a hand on her while sleeping but she was out. Very late night, drinking, etc. Lots of joking. She did make a comment in the morning about, I guess since we slept together I should get your name now...lol

No doubt we could get along great. After the event, I chatted with her for an hour on FB about the festival. No chat of an R but I did make the comment she was easy on the eyes as our last message. I really don't want to make things weird hanging out with them and advance if she is not into more.

Would sleeping in my bed be any sign of interest?

Quote Originally Posted by bobjones View Post
    Would sleeping in my bed be any sign of interest?
    I don't think so, not in this day and age of blurred platonic friendship activities.

If you want to know if she's interested in seeing you again then figure out if you want to see her again and if you do then ask her out on a proper activity and when you're on this activity, make sure you kiss her at the end of it so that she knows you want to get to know her on a romantic level and not just as platonic friend.

If she doesn't want to go out with you then you'll know she has no "interest" and then you can quit talking to her altogether... you don't want to end up being her male girlfriend so forget about her.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Let me ask this, I messaged her last with "you are certainly easy on the eyes". I honestly figured that would be enough to get some sort of response from her, am I wrong? I am sort of thinking if she is not going to make further contact, that might be the sign I need right there?

She might appreciate more initiative like asking her out.

If was me and you being a gentlemen while I slept by you and drunk I would think this is a good, nice guy very respectful and if I also found you attractive to add I would definitely be interested in you.
    It's not what you have, it's what you do with what you have that matters.

Well, the question right now is if her lack of contact or engagement is a signal that she is not interested? I mean, if you were a gal, some guy just said via message that you were good looking, would you not at least contact back or try to communicate? I really don't want any friendship to become awkward by conveying my feelings if there is no reciprocation.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    How did you expect her to react? She's a young girl, she probably hears that all the time. I'm not sure that comment warrants a reaction, other than perhaps a "thank you"..
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Uh, she is 27, I am mid 30s. I have been out of this game for a decade. Sorry for the stupidity. I would really like to test the water before getting in so to speak. I guess she engaged conversation for an hour with me via FB. I was just hoping for some sort of sign she is interested. We are both jokers so she gave me a pet name for the weekend and thanked me for letting her "sleep with her me". lol We had a blast.

Do you think this sort of thing should still be done in person these days?

IDK, women and men don't all react the same ways.

If it was me I would do what vashti said and reply Thank you. Why didn't you say she was pretty or you thought beautiful instead of easy on the eyes?

Ask the other people you went away with what they think, they know you both.
    It's not what you have, it's what you do with what you have that matters.

I was honestly just trying to get some reaction out of her before I go further. Guess I should be more clear in the future.

In any case, I decided to just message her back and ask her out. I did it very casually with some joking. Another guy indicated there is "likely" some interest if she chatted with me for an hour. Not sure what she will say but I guess I should roll the dice...

Quote Originally Posted by bobjones View Post
    Let me ask this, I messaged her last with "you are certainly easy on the eyes". I honestly figured that would be enough to get some sort of response from her, am I wrong?
    Yes. That means fk all when you've not even shown her in actions that you like her for more then just some random chick that didn't have a place to sleep. You see what I mean by "blurred friendship lines?" You are confused because you slept in the same bed and you think a "compliment" would let her know you like her? Friends compliment friends all the time and it doesn't mean they want them romantically or sexually... they're just nice words.

I am sort of thinking if she is not going to make further contact, that might be the sign I need right there?
    Why are you leaving it up to her to pursue you just because you told her she's "easy on the eye's?" Ask her out and quit being so non-confident about it. If she says no then get on with life forgetting about her. If she says yes then there ya go.

You'll get no where with chicks if you keep being so passive aggressive in your approach.

In any case, I decided to just message her back and ask her out. I did it very casually with some joking. Another guy indicated there is "likely" some interest if she chatted with me for an hour. Not sure what she will say but I guess I should roll the dice...
    Good. Now the next question is did you actually ask her out on a specific activity or were you vague once again with a "we should go out sometime" non-invite?

What did she say regardless?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion