+ Follow This Topic

Thread: what does this mean?

what does this mean?

So,

I finally dared to ask a girl out that I like. We had some nice talks, laughs in the past altough more recently she seemed to have changed.
    Since I did not want to wait any longer and really wanted to know if she was into me or not I just asked her out for a drink/dinner. She hesitated/mumbled a bit (could not hear her) so I asked had to push her to say no or yes... and she said no.
    Ok just me looking stupid than.
    So far I get it, but this morning when I entered all of a sudden she said goodmorning to me. Now this might not seem weird, but normally its always me that has to say it and than she replies (often almost not hearable).
    I really dont understand why she would say goodmorning all of a sudden if she didnt do it before and she just said no to me the day before. Seems a pretty weird reaction or is this normal?

I don't think you can read anything into her "good morning". At this point I'd say you may be grasping at straws in the hopes that even the smallest thing ... such as her greeting ... means maybe she is into you afterall.

Perhaps she just felt guilty about having to turn you down so she greeted you today.

In any case, my humble opinion is there is likely no hope with her.

By the way, you may feel stupid for asking her out only to be rejected. But I want to tell you that I think you're totally awesome for finding the courage to ask her out even though she turned you down. You should feel very proud of yourself for doing it. And please don't let her negative response prevent you from asking other women out in the future. Sooner or later one of them is going to say "yes" and she may turn out to be the right person for you.

Well, its not because she said no that all of a sudden I dont like her anymore. The feelings are still there. I do hope they go away if she is really no interested (which she is not I guess). I just found it weird that all of a sudden she says something spontaneously to me. It feels like some sort of extra stab. She is very shy, doesnt say a lot, never says goodmorning spontaneously and now all of a sudden she does it. To me this feels pretty weird.
    On a side note: should I ignore her (no small talk anymore) or? To me that seems the most easy way to deal with it.
    Last edited by polop; 05-07-14 at 05:23 PM.

I know exactly how you feel because I've gone through this sort of "unrequited love" thing before myself. I know what it's like to grasp at every possible sign that the person might like you even though on the surface (her rejection of your invitation to go out) she doesn't appear interested in you.

Hope can be a very painful thing.

Just because she has rejected you doesn't mean you will feel any differently about her. It will take time for your heart to accept things and move on.

It would be a shame to ignore her. It would sort of be like punishing her for rejecting you. However, you are correct that ignoring her would make it easier for you to get over her.

If you have a chance, google using the following keywords "how to get over unrequited love 12 steps". You will find some interesting articles with tips on how to mend you heart faster. One of the key recommendations is to not stay around your crush or have long conversations.

Of course, sadly, the best way is to have no contact at all. As they say, out of sight, out of mind.

well, the problem is we work at the same place. So I cant have no contact at all. I'll just stop having small talk with her. Not more than just "goodmorning" or "good evening".
    I still dont understand why she said goodmorning to me that day. And I really had the idea she was interested because we really had nice talks, we teased eachother and then suddenly she started to act different. Oh well. I'll google your tip.

I don't know..If you find me, let me know.
    Yeah at some place your are right if some person greet you wish you a good day that time you should have to replay them, So here if she wish you good morning or good evening then you can reply her, but just stop talking with her more now just talk with her as a formality, let her talk to you and if she will try to talk to you then may be it was not permanent rejection. may be she has already some plan that's why she reject you. so let some day pass away try to ignore her at some point and see her behavior during that time..

Indeed, that was my plan. I hope I can keep quiet and not start a talk myself.
    I will do this.
    I will only reply/talk to her is she starts a talk, but not more. Should I interact than? I mean if she asks something, starts a talk, should I interact or be more passive and just reply/answer her question and not more?