+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ugh dating

Ugh dating

Been out of the game for about 5 years. Its irrelevant, but i experienced a traumatic event in my last relationship caused by outside forces. I put up a bunch of "walls" to avoid being hurt again and as a result talk myself out of everything constantly.
    I recently was approached by a gorgeous woman within a year of my age. I couldn't turn her down.We went out for drinks that night with her friend(plus date) and had a great time. She was pretty progressive with kissing and exchanging contact info(basically within a couple hours of meeting). For me, this is like a surreal experience. It had literally been years since I kissed a girl and that feeling is so nice(feels right), in addition to having a new promising "prospect".
    She texts me an hour after we say goodnight saying i should find her on fb. I respond the next day because I was sleeping, that I would and it was great meeting her. I had been out of town for work for a week and a half after we met, but we end up seeing each other when I got back. I was pretty anxious at first, but we had a great night out on the town and she invited me to her place for a movie afterwards. We make out on her bed a few minutes into it, but I didn't want to rush her into having sex because I couldn't really tell what she wanted. I didn't pull away or anything but i didn't go for her bra or pants either...
    A week later, we go out again and have another great night out on the town. I sleep over again, we kiss, no sex, but plenty of morning cuddles from her and whatnot... She ended up canceling this past weeks date because she had a test to study for. The day we rescheduled ended up not being good for her either because she had to prepare for the following school/work week. She texted me later that night apologizing for canceling and that the weekend had been more hectic than expected. I should also mention she made a date and canceled it between the 2nd and 3rd time because it overlapped pre existing plans. I don't entirely believe shes uninterested because of all the positive signals vs the relatively few confusing ones. I know she's home for holiday this whole week so she's with her family and friends. Its been 5 days and I haven't heard anything since that night, and I feel like if I attempt to reschedule a date she canceled, it will make me look needy or something. Maybe I'm over thinking this. I don't want her to think I'm un-interested or angry for her canceling either. I figure, wait until a week passes and give her a call? All this second guessing makes me really appreciate being single.

What's wrong with rescheduling? She says she's busy on that day and That day. So what, does that mean she's busy all the time? No, just ask if she has a day off, when she has nothing planned and have your date then.
    Then again, you haven't contacted her for 5 days? That's strange. I think it works slightly different, even if it's a fresh new relationship and you're both interested in one-another, both of you should keep in contact at least daily (that's my experience anyway).
    Call her right now, bloody damnit, or else you lose.

Yes, I agree. Call her and try and set up a new date date! It's the only way you'll find out what's going on.