+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to get out of a mentally abusive/manipulative relationship?

How to get out of a mentally abusive/manipulative relationship?

ihave been dating this jerk for a LONG time, we meet 2-3 days a week n go on dates,he rushed me into sex,took my virginity& always forced me into sexual acts & when i started asking for commitment/future after sometime, he freaked. He has physically hurt me many times, dragged me out of his car during fights. He always makes excuses to not talk or spend time with me so if we talked we'd argue, hes never interested in wht i have to say, only sex interested him but we still spent time and I enjoyed going on dates & was in love. Worst thing is,he kept me a secret from his family because he's a muslim and not allowed to date but since its been years, i insisted him to tell his family now or its over. So he finally unwillingly told his mom, as expected she straight up said NO as Im not a muslim & that makes me an alien & it's insulting to their family & tht she never wants to hear of me again, my bf just stayed quiet, didnt even try convincing her or anything(i heard this over the phone myself) i cried & today,during a fight over this, he told me he didnt convince his mom about us coz I wasnt worth it just because I always fight with him but the fights r always about him not taking me seriously etc.He is a coldhearted jerk whos obviously looking to settle down with a woman of his religion/mom's choice later. Hes manipulating me coz he says he loves me but on the other hand, he is like this. I am really mentally frustrated & confused, I always put much effort n importance to him. I like to believe he loves me but the bitter truth is he doesnt. Everyhing we had was only for fun, I was nobody but a bootycall. M really hurt, I've told him to stop contacting me but he keeps texting me about wht my faults were. I just want to block this jerk completely, he is destroying my life and has already destroyed too much. How can I get this jerk to completely stop contacting me and myself to avoid contacting him?? Its unfair for me if i let him keep using me so I need to stop this I felt like he loved me.. but maybe I was wrong coz Ive never been in love before & seen most relationships not work so I thought me and my bf were just passionately in love at the begining, it was thrilling/exciting, it's true I found comfort, fun with him because I dont hang out with anyone else. Somehow, I just liked being with him even tho he never gave me importance & always put me on the side & if i fought for a commitment or his time, it becomes chaotic like this!But I cant let himkeep using me now and get over him at the same time Ty for reading/suggesting x

There is no magic way to get out of an abusive relationship. You firstly have to find the strength to say 'enough'. How much more has to happen for you to be convinced this isn't a person you want in your life?

Start seeing a counsellor - regularly. He/she will talk you though things, work on any issues you have and so forth. Break contact during this time - this includes: blocking his number and ensuring he knows that if he approaches you, you will contact police. Tell family members or those close to you that he is not to be allowed in the home.

The power is in your hands. He can only play you if you allow it and so far, you've allowed it. He isn't changing but neither are you. Also, he won't marry you. He's just using you for sex. He'll marry a Muslim woman. Probably a virgin.

Pluck up the courage and do what you have to do otherwise risk never knowing what actual love looks and feels like.