+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What can I do

What can I do

Known him for years, always know he was atracted to me, we just friendly texted. a month ago, he kinda started flirting so I asked him out, he accepted, we went out but nothing happened (guess both to shy to even mention it), didnt speak for a while. Recently we met at the street, he with his friend, I with mine, we kissed (drunk as hell) and we said how much we liked each other, he invited me to his house that night, but I felt it way too soon. No more textes either, so on 5th day I texted and asked him out again, he accepted, but the day of our date he texted: I can't go, I had planned going to the cinema with my brother tonight (stupid lie I guess), I said : no problem, he said: thanks.

SO, how come he was flirting with me and now he is not trying anymore?
    Is he mad because I didnt go to his house (so he just wanted sex?)
    What if I texted him again? should I? what to say
    what do you think of this

Sounds like anxiety/shyness issues on both sides because nobody is taking the lead, and when one of you tentatively does, the other backs away leaving the leader feeling exposed and reluctant to try again. If I were you I'd just tell him that you like him and want him to ask you out properly, if that doesn't give him the confidence to take the lead then move on.

idk what turned him off and made him not as interested, it could be he thought you weren't into him when he invited you to his house. can text and ask for a date do over since he backed out of your last one, which typically he should have already planned to do it over since he bailed on you, not you on him.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

Quote Originally Posted by lost_man View Post
    Sounds like anxiety/shyness issues on both sides because nobody is taking the lead, and when one of you tentatively does, the other backs away leaving the leader feeling exposed and reluctant to try again. If I were you I'd just tell him that you like him and want him to ask you out properly, if that doesn't give him the confidence to take the lead then move on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Exeter19 View Post
    idk what turned him off and made him not as interested, it could be he thought you weren't into him when he invited you to his house. can text and ask for a date do over since he backed out of your last one, which typically he should have already planned to do it over since he bailed on you, not you on him.
    So, according to you guys, what I should I specifically tell him to get him back to the game?
    I am quite an idiot with these things, and I don't want to sound too needy or make him think I want to marry him or anything, I want to make it look more casual, maybe it sounded too serious at the beggining and I didn't mean that.

just text him and ask for a another date time that would work out for you both, that you'd like to get together again. has he not texted you back to make another date since you typed this to us?
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

Quote Originally Posted by Exeter19 View Post
    just text him and ask for a another date time that would work out for you both, that you'd like to get together again. has he not texted you back to make another date since you typed this to us?
    Well, I made a huge mistake, of course e wouldn't text me, so I texted him in a kinda flirty-dirty way (I am bad at flirting, I don't know where is the balance between needy and unbearably cold). As usual he answered my messages and kept the conversation going. But when I said: would you invite me tonight to your house?; he said: That can't happen....
    Then he asked: what do you want with me, because it could have been interesting? I said: Just go out with you, then he said: But later, what do you want later?(and I runned in circles trying not to give him an answer, I am so crazy about him)
    So in one moment he said: I'll be clear, I can go out with you, maybe have sex, but nothing emotional.
    Then as I got terribly nervous I said: we could make a deal, he asked what and I said I don't think text messages are a good way to talk about it. So he said: We talk on weekend.
    As I expected he hasn't called (fortunately I think, because I tried to jump in a game I can't stand) and I am in my way to resignation, although I do feel bad about it.
    I think it is maybe something his friends told or he just freaked out, but I am not the kinda girl who gets thing serious too soon, I think i screwed and it was my very own fault.
    Nothing to do, right?

see in texts tone and intent can be up for grabs on the phone it isn't, sometimes you need to have them know your exact intent and a text won't always work. why couldn't you go to his house? he explain why, or flat out just said no? he was wanting you to say sex or a relationship and he made he clear he is only up for sex, nothing more. least you know what he wants and where he stands. if you want a ****buddy out of him, because that seems like all he wants or a fwb then okay but you said " i am so crazy about him" so you really like and want to maybe date him, not just sex, you both want different things imo. have your one on one talk and decide then, he made himself clear.
    William Blake