+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I'm no longer interested in love

I'm no longer interested in love

Growing up I always wanted a girlfriend but I was really shy and struggled to communicate with females so I never had a girlfriend during my school years or college years, when I turned 20 I finally had my first girlfriend and it was horrible lasted less than a week, before this girl I did get close to about 5 females but they all stop talking to me without even telling me why, this put me down and made me want a relationships less I went from wanted to speak to a female to not even caring. I now honestly do not care about love the word pisses me off, I cant understand why people want that other person to make them feel happy, I guess I'm fine on my own as I've grew up on my own parents never really cared so I've always been an loner, has anyone else felt this way? I just don't care about love no more one of the reasons why is because of how this generation is seems like there is a lack of respect and dignity, I'm not a confident guy so if I went out with someone and she had a reputation I would dump her because I wouldn't be able to handle that, so I guess my question is, is this common to go from wanted love to despising it? Has this happened to anyone before?

I'm sure it happens to a lot of people. Honestly, love kind of sucks. It's great when you find somebody, but in between, it just flat out sucks. I wish I could offer some encouragement, but I have to say I am kind of at the same point where you are. For me to say that is really pretty damn sad, because I am one of the most romantic guys you could ever want to meet. I've always wanted to find true love, and believed that it is out there for everybody who wants it. It's been hard, sometimes, to believe that it was out there for me, but I've never given up hope.

....Lately that is becoming harder and harder. I am so sick of trying and getting nothing for it in return. Don't get me wrong. It's not even like I am saying I expect to have a girlfriend within a week of trying. It can be an adventure. There just has to be some actual F-ing activity in order for it to be an adventure at all. Like you, I am extremely shy. So, for me, the cold approach just is not in the cards. I'm not the type of guy who can just go up to any and every girl and ask her out just hoping one or two will say yes. So, I've been trying online dating, because at my age (early 30's) I just can't see any other option. Well.... that turned out to be a big mistake. The vast majority of the people on these sites are worthless a-holes who don't want to take it seriously in the least. You could message 800 women (not that I have, of course, LOL) and you'd be lucky to hear back from one. The few people who actually DO bother to respond to you tend to eventually fade off.

I'm at the point where I am sick of people, and sick of trying when others are not going to put in the effort. I am starting to feel like I might as well just accept the fact that I am going to live out the rest of my worthless life alone. Better to just accept it and find whatever happiness I can. Sorry to sound like such a downer, but lately I have just been in a really foul mood.

Anyway, the old me would certainly tell you to hang in there. Eventually, I am sure you will find who you are looking for in life. I can tell you from experience that I HAVE made this transition in the past as well (going from being in love with love to suddenly finding myself hating the world) and I've usually come back from it. So, you should be fine. It will just take time. And, in the end, when you have finally found your dream girl, it will all be worth it.

Trust me, I know that sounds like BS, though. I am right there with you at this point in my life.

We meet again EvilJester

Happened to me a while ago.. The person I thought dearest to me did something I could not forgive, even after all the effort I had put into making our little world be something more than what it was. Me always caring and actaully giving a damn if something happened to her. They say love is blind and I can say fullheartedly, that's completely true. I was so angry afterwards, I could not stand the sight of couples and I just couldn't figure out how they did it, how did they create their worlds and managed to keep them from falling apart. Wherever I walked and saw someone being all lovey-dovey with their SO, I couldn't stand, but sneer at them, for their relationship would one day come to the same standstill that mine did and I was gloating over that. Eventually I stoped caring. and when that happened...

...I met someone.. I wasn't looking for her, I was just doing what I like and suddenly, she was just there, within my reach, all I had to do was reach out my incompetent, confidence-free little ol'hand of mine. And wer're doing great.
    Now looking back at what my thoughts about love were like, I wonder if I really ment it, to think that love is not worth it. It totally is. And I recommend droping this hate. It's pointless, the more you'll think about it in a negative way, the less happy you'll be. I don't know what your relationship was like but judging by the fact that it lasted 1 week, something was terribly wrong with it. That's not how it's supposed to be like. So get over this crap, it's not worth your nerves. Bury your past and move on.
    Last edited by Archie; 10-07-14 at 01:58 AM.

hang on in there you lot till you are in your 60s ,i have found love again ,,,a true genuine love.both me and my lady are pensioners,widows and in it for the cuddles and being tactile .its fantastic.itsx not all about humping but more about spending and sharing your time together.it keeps us young ,we have both know lonliness but have now kicked that son of a bitch out the door.i ended a relationship recently with a woman who didnt do cuddles,,,ugh!no thanks .good luck to you young ens .