+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Does He Love Me?

Does He Love Me?

My boyfriend and I have been together for 7 months now and everything is going wonderfully, but there's one problem. He hasn't told me he loves me yet.
    He definitely does things that show that he loves me, and they say actions speak louder than words, but I'm starting to worry.
    His last gf cheated on him and he was heartbroken. I want to believe that this is the reason he hasn't said it yet, maybe he's worried I'll break his heart like his last gf did. But I know that bit could also be because he doesn't love me.
    Like I said, he is so sweet to me and always talking about a future with me and I've met his immediate family and he's met mine and he always says that he can't live without me and things like that but I just don't know what to do.
    What if he has commitment issues or doesn't love me? What do I do to find out the reason behind why he isn't saying it? Should I say it first? Do I ask him how he feels/if he sees a future with me? Or do I wait it out? If so for how long?
    I'm really worried because I love him more than anything and it is getting EXTREMELY hard not to tell him I love him but I don't want to say it if I don't know his feelings. I also don't want to stay with him only to find out he has never loved me and doesn't see himself with me in the future. I would be heartbroken if that happened.
    What do I do? Does he love me or not? Thanks guys.

I think it's a good thing that he hasn't told you yet. People throw those words around so much that it lost its meaning. You guys have been together for 7 months so clearly he does care for you. He probably just doesn't want to tell you he loves you until he's really sure and that's nothing to be worried about. I'm sure when he's ready he'll tell you.

There are so many "I love you's" being tossed about here and there, everywhere these days it's no wonder many of us tend to hold those special words close to heart, guarding them from flighty flakey tendencies. These words are special and ought be treated as such. Too many of us use this phrase way too loosely.

I think it's good he hasn't said the words but rather shows you instead. Means he cares; it means he will not throw them around but rather wait so that when you do actually hear them, you'll know, WOW, this is meant.

Thanks guys. I've had other boyfriends tell me they loved me very early in the relationship and I KNEW they didn't mean it. But on the other hand I've seen so many relationships where those words were said in the first couple months, and were meant. And I know better than to compare my relationship to other people's but I guess I just assumed that if he loved me I would've heard it by now. It's very easy to just assume that if he doesn't love me by 7 months then he never will. Even though I know that isn't true.
    And I've also heard of relationships where they're together for years without saying "I love you" and then when the girl finally asks why he hasn't said it, she finds out that he doesn't love her after all and the number of years they've spent together was basically a waste. I think that's what got me so worried.
    It clear that he cares about me, as all of our friends get a little jealous when we're together and won't stop asking why our relationship is so "perfect" and they can't get theirs to work to save their life.
    I guess I just need to stop worrying so much and wait. And you guys are right. At least when he does say it I'll know he really means it.

Oh come on girl, words are just that: words
    If he shows he loves you through the way he acts don't lose your mind thinking about it
    other option: lil Johnny, do you love me?

Why is it that saying those words out loud means so much to you? Maybe he doesn't think its a big deal.
    A strong woman takes advantage of help she can get from people around her but she doesn't rely on them for anything

She uses logic and manages her emotions

She offers help either because it is a business transaction or out of kindness. It is never because she hopes others will return the favour or out of fear of losing them

She has her own mind and thinks for herself and knows that she has to be the one who bears the consequences of her decisions