+ Follow This Topic
Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Random thoughts thread

LOL, I know, but I made so many threads in this section and most got the lock up that I don't feel like making any new threads in off topics right now and I don't post in the Teenagers sub forum at all so he it went I guess.
    Plus this thread by all accounts gets active posts so won't get locked and pushed 5 pages back. Maybe some bored teen or other will stumble onto it and get some insight. lol

Why am I even shy on this website? I am anonymous, yet I am so anxious.

How the hell am I supposed to be me around anyone I might fall in love with? so angry and disappointed in myself...

[MENTION=81407]victorian_grl[/MENTION] Shy people tend to become even more introverted with person they have sympathy for. We all are born extroverts, its the life events that make people introverted. Being able to be yourself and express yourself takes social freedom, you have to train this skill. Also independence from outcome and crushing your ego.

Then again if you lucky you will meet a guy who will help you come out from your shell.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Quote Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
    [MENTION=81407]victorian_grl[/MENTION] Shy people tend to become even more introverted with person they have sympathy for. We all are born extroverts, its the life events that make people introverted. Being able to be yourself and express yourself takes social freedom, you have to train this skill. Also independence from outcome and crushing your ego.

Then again if you lucky you will meet a guy who will help you come out from your shell.
    I have tried it so many times...I am just not good with groups of people, crowds...I am good in quiet rooms, one-on-one chats...and the first 10 minutes, I am really anxious. I wish it was otherwise...but it is the truth, I have tried everything. The worst is the beginning, the approach, the signals, the first chats....I feel so scared and so much like a loser. But I am hopeful no matter what...have to be.

thanks for your reply!

I think my cat understands me. I said "i love you" to my cat and it head butts me. And when I say "hey cat", it looks up to me like "what so you want?".
    A strong woman takes advantage of help she can get from people around her but she doesn't rely on them for anything

She uses logic and manages her emotions

She offers help either because it is a business transaction or out of kindness. It is never because she hopes others will return the favour or out of fear of losing them

She has her own mind and thinks for herself and knows that she has to be the one who bears the consequences of her decisions

When cats look at you and close their eyes slightly or all the way, that's how they smile at you. Our furry friends know us better than we think and do more work for us on cosmic levels than we're aware of.
    Our two year old is pulling through btw. Renal issues and special diet, meds but he's making it.
    Never allow a Vet to give your cat Metacam for pain relief.

hope everyone is well

Good news on your cat, woody.

Going as Harley Quinn for Halloween this year.

I've driven over 200 miles today!!
    I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways, Maybe it's all part of a plan, Well, I'll just keep on making the same mistakes, Hoping that you'll understand--Ed Sheeran

Saw this when searching winter soups Looks gooooooooooood.

Super Immune-Boosting Chicken Soup

This is one of my favorite soups to make during cold and flu season. Feel free to add any vegetables you prefer. Diced yams or winter squash are an excellent addition, so are finely chopped hot peppers. You can also replace the napa cabbage with either green or savoy cabbage. Tip: Use 16 cups of water for a 4- to 5-pound chicken or 12 cups of water for a 3- to 4-pound chicken.

Broth:
    1 whole organic chicken (4 to 5 pounds)
    16 cups water
    1 medium onion, chopped
    3 celery stalks, chopped
    2 carrots, chopped
    4 to 5 shiitake mushrooms, chopped
    1 whole head garlic, cut in half cross-wise
    2 to 3 inches fresh ginger, cut into thin slices
    2 tablespoons dried astragalus
    1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
    1 stalk lemongrass, chopped (optional)

Soup:
    1 medium onion, chopped
    3 carrots, sliced
    4 celery stalks, chopped
    2 cups shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
    1 large red bell pepper, chopped
    2 to 3 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
    1 tablespoon sea salt
    1 teaspoon crushed red chili flakes
    4 to 5 cups sliced napa cabbage
    1 cup chopped cilantro

To start making the soup, add all ingredients for the broth into an 8-quart stockpot, cover, and simmer for about 1 ½ to 2 hours on low heat.

Place a large colander over another 8-quart pot or large stainless steel bowl. Pour the broth through it to strain out the chicken and vegetables. Place the pot of broth back on the stove. Place the chicken onto a plate to cool. Bring the broth to a boil, add the all of the ingredients for the soup except the napa cabbage and cilantro. Cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.

While the vegetables are cooking, pull all of the meat from the chicken and cut into smaller pieces. Add the chicken to the soup. Once the vegetables are tender, turn off the heat and add the chopped cabbage and cilantro. Taste and adjust salt and seasonings if desired.

Yield: about 12 servings
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

Has any member on here spoken with ~ got a reply back or seen the loveadmin on the website in last 6 months ?

I don't mean the automated welcome bot replies but actually the person? Trying to get my Broken hearts thread opened.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

Hey breathe! Good to see you around, most of the other OT regulars left? I don't think LA has been actively posting on here for over a year and not answered anyone in that time either -- last I recall was way back when that heavy spam was happening and Exeter emailed him and someone came on and cleaned it up. Check the suggestion section you'll see how long ago that was.

Have a great Christmas if I don't chat to you beforehand.
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

I'm getting anxious about the movie club and getting it all up to start before everyone leaves to visit family for Christmas and go on breaks.

I love you, I have always loved you.
    It has remained and will never die.
    No matter how many cries.
    You are in my heart till I part this earth.
    Scary shit.

Here's a dorky little poem I put in the Christmas card I mailed to the guy I'm dating:

"Things I Like About Coffee"
    - Coffee is HOT
    - Coffee is good enough to have every day
    - Coffee gets me excited
    - Coffee smells good
    - Coffee makes me nervous sometimes
    - Coffee gives me the "warm & fuzzies"
    - Even when it is too strong or too weak, it is still good

"Things I Like About You"
    - Pretty much the same as coffee
    - And who knows, maybe you taste good and keep me up all night, too
    "Caring is not an advantage."

[MENTION=79987]megvoh[/MENTION] Thank you for bumping my ONS thread for me, unfortunately it is locked so I cannot discuss on it. But gave some thanks and likes to people who replied.

I am in a great relationship now, no more ONS. The move not only helped financially but romantically
    Last edited by dollhouse; 07-01-16 at 06:37 AM.

Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast