+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My new dating adventure :)

My new dating adventure :)

Hi forum been a while

life works in mysterious ways...

So yesterday I got contacted by a young lady through Facebook who saw me on the people who you might know section and contacted me because she liked the look of my artwork (I'm a sculptor, mainly fantasy stuff like dragons) and we ended up chatting til late in the night
    As it turns out she is a fellow artist, works and lives in the same town as me and is the same age, and interestingly single i'ved ended up deciding i really like this girl but how do i got about doing something about it? i'm thinking of getting to know her a bit before making a move, but how do go about making a move? any ideas or suggestions would be great

then..

Okay so i just spent another night talking to her, building up mu courage and waiting for a good moment and took a shot!! heres my message:

Okay so time to take a chance, i think you are sweet, pretty, funny and really good fun to talk to and have had me smiling all night. would you like to continue this chat in person over lunch or something? and see what happens, if not it is still great to know you as a friend.

her response:

wow that hasn't happened for a while lol! thats sweet thanks, dont know about "pretty" though.......i'll take a chance and say yes i've had fun chatting to you.....theres a couple things i'd need to tell you first, basically about me, but will leave that til tomo

WTF just happened took a moment to sink in but i knew if i didn't do something with this opportunity i would regret it! and not pretty? i think she is lovely,elegant blonde with a great smile! seems she has all week off and looks forward to arranging something! wonder the stuff is, but nobody is perfect!

then..

So just spent a few more lovely hours talking to this great lady and well as is suspected it is a few medical problems she has had to endure (bone problem, a few nasty operations) and it make me like her more because of how bright and cheery is despite that! nobody is perfect anyway, i'm certainly not! look forward to meeting her
    This is certainly a step up from my previous dating fiasco!

then

Well there goes my single life

Well when i first saw her i knew there and then that this one is special i was worried the great chemistry we had online was going to fizzle out in person, but nope it was so easy, so much fun talking to her and wasn't even nervous.
    I decided to be upfront and tell her how i felt and that i want this to continue even though i had the impression she wanted that was well i was just myself and she liked it!!
    So yes we are going to have a second date! we were practically talking about it on during this one. but we are going to take this slow, she told me the night before she didn't want me to kiss her because and would rather work our way up to it i've been waiting for ages for someone like her, and i'm not going to rush it, slow and steady wins the race.
    Also a little while after the date i got this text message:

Had a great time, best date i've been on

just wow, scary and exciting i will have to keep doing what i'm doing because it works.

What awesome news and story!

Hope this is a true love connection and it continues on wonderfully.

All the best!
    It's not what you have, it's what you do with what you have that matters.

Sounds like theres plenty of communication between you two and thats good because in case of relationship you will have strong base under it. I would suggest that you keep busy with your own life as much as possible so you wont give too much importance to this girl. Because now seems you are falling fast for her and havent even slept with her. You risk become needy and thats not attractive at all to girls. Remember not to take face value everything she says because girls change their mind often. try to push it a little every date
    And this will help you not to go blind about her.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Congratulations. You have beat the odds. Keep up the good work.