+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I hold off?

Should I hold off?

Hey,

Just a quicky (a little weird but this is my first ever date ask with my dream girl and I don't want to mess it up).

There is a slight possibilty that this girl I'm gonna ask out on a date with me next Sunday will see me on Tuesday at an outside actvivity. Would it be too awkward if she does appear Tuesday as she is seeing me imbetween me asking and the date?

Just to make it clear I am going to ask her by ringing her as all of my friends will be around on Tuesday and we won't get a moment together alone.

Ta!

I still don't understand your question. I guess you will ask her out some day before tuesday, but you won't actually date her till sunday right? I see nothing wrong with that, please if so just don't ignore her when you see her, nor be too much around her that day, I suppose you will be out with different groups of friends, so you stick to th ones you came from.

Once I had set up a date with a guy and I saw him someday in between, I acted so awkwardly he canceled our date, so, please stay cool...
    it is so weird I still get nervous when I think he might appear around, but he doesn't want anything with me now

Thanks for your reply. Yes, that is what I am asking, sorry if I didn't type it right! I will say that we will won't be with different groups of friends on Tuesday, there are four of us guys and her in a 'friend group', if that affects the answer.

A second question - is it too early to ask her today as its a week away?

Ta!

Oh, now it is clearer, then it is different, But still if you go in the same group of friends you could take some time to be alone with any excuse, hey can you come with me I need to buy cigarrettes?(in case you smoke) or anything and you can ask her then, I'd prefer to ask her until wednesday in case you don't want the rest of friends getting too involved in this and sniffing around what's happening, it could just make it kinda awkward, but that is up to you.
    Ah, just one thing, no matter if you asked her out today or later, don't let more than 3 days pass without texting her at least to say "hello" (but don't stalk her either), if you don't text, she would think you are not interested.

Again, thanks for the reply.

It would be kinda difficult to get some time alone - we'll (if she comes) be at a barbeque in a park with a load of other people, all of them sniffing around, like you said. Maybe I'll wait till Wednesday, I don't want to make it awkward for her.

We text pretty much every day already and have done for the past two years, so I would text her anyway!

Anyway, thanks very much and if you (or anyone else) has any other advice please post it, I have never dated before so am a completley newbie to this!

Ta!