+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What to do with female friend

What to do with female friend

I'm over a breakup and have been spending more time with friends and family. I've been friends with this girl for the past 10 years. She had a kid young, moved away, came back, moved away, and now lives in my home city even though I don't live there anymore. She's gone through some issues, as have I, but we've kept in touch.

On my latest visit she offered to go camping alone, just to get away and spend some time together at someone's trailer. That ended up falling through because of my travel plans (neither of our faults). I went over to her place to hang out for an afternoon. She was completely underdressed (white tank top with no bra and booty shorts) and we watched a movie. She was running errands that morning and knew I was coming that afternoon so she consciously chose those clothes after coming home from doing errands. She ended up falling asleep and kicked up her legs on me while she slept. I didn't mind it; I was okay with leaving her sleep. I thought of making a move but I figured it was very risky and could go wrong really fast.

I left that day and she apologized for falling asleep on me, but I told her I didn't mind. A few days later we hung out again. She has a way about her (which I read) that she wants to be hugged/kissed/for something to happen, but then it dissipates and nothing happens. Again, I'd make a move but it's never seemed like the right time/we just hug then she's walking inside.

I'd be completely fine with not kissing her/having sex/whatever else happens, but I also wouldn't mind lol. At the same time, I wouldn't want one stupid move to ruin the friendship.

What do you think? Am I reading too much into this? Or does it sound like there's potential there?

Dear Mr. Confused,
    If she is falling asleep near you, or wearing half naked clothes around you, she definitely wants you to make a move. Besides, what's the worst that can happen? Clearly she gave signs that you are not in the friend zone. Therefore, spend a little more time with her and wait for the right moment.