+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Dilemma that's killing me !

Dilemma that's killing me !

I'm a 22 year old girl, I lost my mom few years back when I was 16 and I have step mother now(she is good, but you can understand she can't replace my mother). After completing my Senior Secondary education, I opted for job for further studies(I wanted to earn myself for my needs), today I'm earning very well at this age in a Private company with higher level position.
    This was about my basic information which I wanted you to know. Now the confusion is about my marriage/relationship. I m in a relationship of 3+ years, initially we both loved each other, cared for each other but slowly and gradually everything has been faded away(may be that's the part of life). Now my father wants me to get married by this year as he thinks I should because I ll cross 23 then, he is approving of my relationship but have some financial issues, I have informed the guy about this, but instead of understanding my situation, he started abusing me like anything. He has done this to me before also but I forgave everything after his apologies. He is a nice person, always there for me, cares for me and I know he ll be there for me always, but I really don't know that he can respect me or not. So, my father is asking me to get married with him or he will find another match for me, but I really don't want to do an arrange marriage, I'm very much scared of it as I know my step mother will not stand by me in case I needed. So my question is, should I marry him or let my father find another match for me ?
    I'm very much scared and afraid for both the scenarios as I think I have to compromise either my respect or my freedom/privileges.

I want to clear one thing which can create confusion in your understanding that financial issue is on his side, not ours. So my father is in doubt that if he can earn for me or not.

HE'S ABUSING YOU- Get another man.

In the meantime, start looking for a man that you can take home to meet your parents before your father find a man for you.