+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: False Period?

False Period?

Ok, long story short, my girlfriend forgot her birthcontrol the night before, and the next day I came inside her and she doubled it up like she should've (according to the med. info packet) and yea. She's had her period already so I was thinking yay, she's in the clear, but now she's saying she wants to take a test because SOMEWHERE on the internet she read that you can have a fake period? or something like that.

Has anyone heard of such a thing and what should I tell her to convince her because she was like breaking down almost in tears over it before she had her period (cause it was late by a few days.)

Anyone? Thanks

If she bled a "normal" amount, she is very unlikely to be pregnant, and in fact, it sounds like she is probably looking for some attention. False periods are kind of unusual, considering she has been taking birth control.

Seriously, you ought to wear condoms in addition to her birth control. You can never be too safe.

wrap it before you wack it

OK I have had this happen one too many times....chances are she is not pregnant. Many women vary each month how much they bleed. Even if she missed a pill or two this doesnt automatically mean she will get pregnant. It means she is at increased risk of getting pregnant. But since you said she doubled up on her pills the next day (which I too have done in the past) she should be alright. But if you both still have doubts, she should get tested to make sure.

i don't have doubts at all. none whatsoever

my (logical) thinking is this.

we're young. i'm her first. she's not used to the increased responsibility or anything about sex. she's the only one who wants to take a test, but it's been a week since she got her dot.

i dunno what that has to do with anything, but i figured i'd put that out there

If her period was unusually light and had some discoloration (browness) in the blood, along with some spotting, she may very well be pregnant.

what point is that? the worry thing?

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    More then likely she isnt pregnant....but it depends on when she doubled up her pills. Was it a few weeks ago? Or was it just recently......like within 5 days? Sperm can live in the uterus up to 5 days I heard.... Women also ovulate at all different times. She should still be cautious......

I know a few friends of mine that missed the pill just a day.....and got pregnant.. Thats why always wear a condom in addition to the pill.

Well, if she's that worried, just take a pregnancy test. It only takes a few minutes to find out.

Though, I really doubt she is pregnant, since she doubled up the pills the next day.

I've only had a false period once in my life and thats because I was first on my period, then took Plan B pills (due to a minor accident in the bedroom) and ended up with another (false) period after taking them.

Evil School!!
    May not be on LF as much, due to unforeseen circumstances.
    Blame College and Homework for Everything!!
    -Fawn

tell her to go on the depo! no way of forgetting then! i have none of this worry!

the depo?

and she said it was pretty light

i feel like i'm going to vomit

Send me your address so I know where to send the Father's Day card next June.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd95
    Send me your address so I know where to send the Father's Day card next June.
    I'm sorry but that's just funny, I cant help but laugh. I've been there before jb5k1, don't get to stressed until you have a test. I've found generally we let the fear get the best of us. But be smarter next time

Quote Originally Posted by TAVS
    I'm sorry but that's just funny, I cant help but laugh.
    You're apologizing for laughing at my joke? Does no one like me here?

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd95
    You're apologizing for laughing at my joke? Does no one like me here?
    i like you, but i did read the thread where you and fras faced off. IMHO (in my humble opinion) i think you were wrong to say that bi men are just gay.

it makes no sense at all. it's a double standard - woman can be bi, but men can't? - it makes no sense to me!

anyway, we've had that forum, and it's a pretty stupid thing to discuss anyway - your argument is like me trying to convice you all that I'm the queen of England.

see what i mean?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast