+ Follow This Topic

Thread: im confused! pls help..

im confused! pls help..

there's this guy very close to me. He is my workmate. He already has a family. One night there was party near the company we work for. We drink like sky is the limit. Twa's my last day with my officemates too for I am going abroad. He was sitting from the other table while I was with my girl friends. He was already drunk when he sat next to me. He put his arms around me and then invited me to go somewhere else with him. I bid goodbye with my friends then we left the bar. He brought me to hotel. While lying down on bed,he said he loves me but I didnt believe him because he was drunk. It is obviously he has a serious problem with his partner. He said it's been a month since they broke up already. He even asked me if i do love him too but i answered "i dunno" but deep inside I really do. We almost even had sex that night. He kissed me..then hugged me..even tried to take off my clothes. I refused to make out with him cos I was afraid I might get pregnant for I was about to leave for my job abroad. Besides, i dont wanna have sex with him since i wasnt sure about his feelings for me. He even asked me for a chance for us of being in a relationship and I told him I will. He kissed me again and tried to make out with me. Actually, i wanted to give in that night..but i hardly controlled myself so there was really no sex happened. The next day, I couldnt believe that just happened. I was waiting for his call or text but there was none. The next morning, I came to office and I thought I was going to see him but he was absent that day. I called him and asked to meet him to talk about us and it was fine with him but he didnt show up. He said he had done something. so i just txt discuss it in a txt message. I asked him if what he said were all true. Sadly, he replied me with "i'm sorry". He took the words back and said he cares for me but not for anything else, that he was just drunk. i didnt talk to him for almost a month. But now i already forgave him and even talk to him but since then things have changed. I thought things wud be the same. It's like he's getting cold to me. We only chat some times unlike bfore. No more teasing on social media. Even our friends noticed that changes. Now, ive heard that he is reunited with his partner. Im confused..does he really have something for me? Why did he say that then take them back? Why do things have to change?

There's nothing to be confused about. He never loved you. He said the three words in a drunken state and in the hopes to get laid that night. Sorry to be too blunt but that's the reality of it, plain and simple. Accept the truth and move on. There's no point dwelling on something that is so trivial.

maybe somehow i believe that there's only 3 types of people tell the truth.
    1) Kids. 2) The drunk. 3) The angry's. Maybe you're right and im just hoping. Anyway tnx for your advice. This helps.

Yes, I think he was just looking to use you for a stop out. Since you seem to be a tough nut to crack, he's gone back to his ex, because he can get it on tap. Beware of guys on the rebound!
    And thus here ends today's lesson

Yes dear, I'm sorry your hearts hurting but seems like he tried playing you; and though you two may have had flirtatious over/under tones in the work place and though sure, when he was drunk he got you into a hotel room, well perhaps he wasn't thinking with the right head if you know what I mean. Honest people don't need to be drunk, angry or young to be honest. They simply are. imo.

Getting involved with one freshly out of a relationship is unsteady ground and if your a romantic your setting yourself up for heartache. I get that you like him but seems your also unsure of him. Follow your instincts. Self worth lady.
    He ignored you the next day, didn't show up for a meeting and is now back with his partner. So of course he's going to put distance between you and he; after all, wasn't too long ago he tried getting intimate with you in a hotel room...
    My advice? Move on. Let him go and next time when you start feeling heart pangs for someone, make sure their worth it, single and honest.
    anyway, good luck and remember, it sucks to wait but time does heal all.

Your instincts protected you from going further with them that night, good you listened to your inner voice and did not have sex with him.

He knew he did wrong by you and why he was absent your last day of work after the incident. If he can't tell you the same things sober it wasn't true.

He has moved back on to his ex, so you move on too.
    It's not what you have, it's what you do with what you have that matters.