+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I am here for a very specific reason

I am here for a very specific reason

Hello, my name is David Wright. That is not my real name... I use it as an anonymous name, because I feel a lot more comfortable being anonymous.

I know that love can be amazing. The best thing in the world, and I have spent good times with girls that I have had a crush on through-out my life. I have felt what it would be like to have a girlfriend a couple of times before! And one thing that really bothers me is that people around the world simply don't feel love. Yes, that's right... Something is terribly wrong in this world, and people are having a very opposite point of view on what they call "love", compared to what it REALLY is like to actually be in love. It's sad... It's terrible, and it's killing me on the inside.

To be more specific: People do not seem to understand that love is an anti-sexual feeling. Love is the most non-sexual feeling in the entire world, and the idea of thinking sexual thought have never been more distant, and for once, revealingly demotivating than that very moment of quality when you're in love. That's one of the true powers of love. Love is a magic feeling that gives you the ability to see beyond the sexual surface on someone and finally discover the beauty on the inside, their story, their life, their identity etc. This is where sex is really starting to become an inappropriate subject... Why can't people see that by themselves? What kind of boring and perverted world do we live in? People who find the love of their lives, and then later have sex with them, is like people who buy the most expensive meal in the world, and then soaking it with Heinz Ketchup. You're completely missing the qualities of being in love, if you do that... So this is just really pissing me off. People does not seem to simply understand what it's like to be in love... So sad.

So... now that I have tried explained what love is NOT like, let me try to explain what it's actually like. I honestly believe that anyone has the ability to recognize the following inside themselves:

Think of a girl or a boy that you really like. Maybe your crush, or your girlfriend/boyfriend.
    Now imagine that their parents just died in a traffic collision, and now they're standing next to you crying. What would you do? Comfort them, right? This is where, my theory about love really becomes clear. The thought of doing anything sexual to them suddenly becomes very inappropriate. Inappropriate because giving comfort just really doesn't work out with sex, or have anything in common with anything sexual.
    That feeling you get, when you decide to comfort someone, is exactly how love is supposed to feel. Love is like wanting to comfort someone all the time, even when they're not sad. Love is also the ability to feel "comfortful" torwards someone who isn't even sad. You can tell that two people really love eachother, when the 'comfortful chemistry' is between them as a standard, and no tragic experience is needed. These are difficult words, but actually, this is precisely what I mean. Sex is just an inappropriate thing when it comes to love. Period.

I'm not trying to force an opinion on anyone. It's all facts, not an opinion. If you're human, then you should also be able to recognize these things inside yourself, and I 100% certain about that. So please don't hate me for trying to make the world a more lovable place!

Sigh... I sound like a grumpy old man, when I am re-reading my own post. But I'm just really pissed off at how miserable a subject love is being turned into. Love is not dirty, love is not sexual, love is innocent, and not an 18+ thing for ___ sake!

So that's why I am here... My journey has to start somewhere, and loveforum.net is where I thought I could get some good attention

Welcome to Love Forum - Online Relationship Discussion. Enjoy your stay here...
    "Invest wisely and have money work hard for you"

Thank you :-)

Interesting.
    And though I may agree with some of your thought process I happen to actually Be in Love and that while yes, the innate tenderness of care is always there, my sweetheart and I also share this tenderness through intimate connections as well. There is indeed such a thing as making Love to someone you are in Love with. and it is beautiful.

But I must say, when I look around me and observe the World at large, I do see many many people throwing the term 'Love' around loosely and this bothers me. Also the notion that many younger folks associate love with sex, yes, bit of a stretch there; but I blame in part the social media groups, the magazine ads, the peer pressures, on and on and on.
    Perhaps one day the World will get nostalgic to the old days when men courted their fancies and women waited before jumping in the ol sack.

wow, nice to see someone agrees with me, love is not sexual.
    but on the other hand there are people, like me, who have an incredibly high need for sexual satisfaction and that becomes a part of the relationship but like you said, it doesn't define love.

sex is a intimate situation, raw and carnal, incredibly hot... and usually better with someone you acctually love.

p.s. er du virkelig dansk eller er dette en av disse gangene folk sier de er fra andre plasser for å bli ukjennte?