+ Follow This Topic

Thread: A classic case of being dumped...

A classic case of being dumped...

I've read the post by bohemiandonut and already felt much relieved. I'm doing everything I can now to heal from my breakup and I hate to admit that there's nothing I can do to hasten the process except to let time do it's magic on me.

My girl... was everything good and everything bad to me. We're both medical students and its enough that we're tied down by work but now we're torn apart by distance because we ended up in different universities. She and I gets really busy with clinical rotations and night shifts but nevertheless I think about her all the time. She promised she would wait for me, I warned her that the journey is going to be tough and meandering but she promised not to give up, so I believed her... but now I feel like a complete idiot.

It's barely been a month being apart from each other and she dumped me. I could still remember her promises so vividly and it hurts me even more to know that, like what donut said, "she's somewhere out there high-fiving with her friends thanking God that I didn't call"...

I sacrificed so much for her... I almost failed my exams... bah! I'll spare you the boring details but instead, this is what I get.

I didn't call her or send her any emails anymore because I know she'll be happier without me.

I always thought at this point of my life I would be wiser in choosing partners but I guess I'm still an immature kid. I don't know why I trusted her, I don't know why I let her do that to me, I loved her, but all she had for me was only infatuation...

I feel like I've been cheated. Yet when she dumped me I couldn't even get myself to raise my voice even though I was filled with rage, I just smiled and let her go.

It feels lonely studying in a foreign place and i just needed a place to vent my sadness... But if anybody could suggest anything to anaesthetize the pain, I would gladly hear it. There are some pain medicine can't treat.

I'd suggest you focus entirely on medical school and your studies. You don't want to flunk out, do you? You guys don't really have time for relationships, anyway, from what I've been told, and studying will be a good diversion from thinking about her. And I doubt she high-fiving her friends about dumping you.

I see somebody has the case of the blues! Nice line at the end by the way! I've never been in a relationship, but I'll give my best advice.

(SIDE NOTE: Don't you ever wonder, when you watch those 'high school' teen movies, that it's always the 'hot popular chick' getting advice from the 'not hot chick', and for some reason, the 'not hot chick' seems to have all the answers on sex, love, and relationships - even if she's never been through any of it? END SIDE NOT).

You seem like a good guy to me. A good guy that's just been through something he doesn't deserve. I don't know what else to say, except keep being who you are. Don't let this girl ruin your personality. Let's face it - you got played! But it happens to the best of us. There are some girls who would really appreciate you.

SOMETIMES, WHEN GIRLS HAVE BEEN IN RELATIONSHIPS ALL THEIR LIVES, THEY WANT TO KNOW HOW IT FEELS TO BE SINGLE - DON'T ASK ME WHY!

If she's that girl, then after some time, she'l probably want you back, when she realizes how good of a person you are, or when she realizes how players can get 'old' and boring. Or she might even find another guy like you - that's the worst case scenerio.

Well, my advice is to be a nice guy - let her go. You have made a lot of sacrifices for this girl and she doesn't appreciate it - but at least know that your heart is pure, and always will be!

Live a non-selfish life, and I 30-40 years down the road - you'll be the happiest man in the world! I obviously don't know if this is true, but someone much older gave me this advice.

Okay, I think I'm giving you much more advice than you need, perhaps I'm overwhelming you - so I'll end it here.

That post made me laugh. RSK - are you trying to tell us you're a "not-hot chick"?

Quote Originally Posted by shh!
    That post made me laugh. RSK - are you trying to tell us you're a "not-hot chick"?
    It is VERY easy to get me distracted. I would love to debate - but that kind of get's me into trouble here at LF.

No, I'm not a 'not hot chick' - i was just trying to express a point. hotness and gender had nothing to do with my point.

if you really want do know, i'm a decent looking guy. I've put on a extra few pounds lately - but nothing that a couple of months at the gym can't handle!

Quote Originally Posted by Shh!
    You don't want to flunk out, do you?
    Don't worry about that. My exams will come before anything!

and thanks RSK... I'll be smarter next time. hehe
    Last edited by wrecked; 20-08-05 at 11:30 PM.

Hey bud

Im really sorry to hear your disillusion story.. I know all the thoughts runnin through your mind in this moment. And I know how you feel.. everyone has been trusted someone completely just to get f'ucked.

But you are already on the right way out my friend.. you see that its just a matter of time to get over her and more you go ahead the more youll realise you didnt lost that much.. shes just a betrayer and deserves nothing.

Now you have to be tough. Force yourself to put her out of your mind. Dont let yourself think about her really bud your brain must get to work like this you discover thinkin about her and YOU SHOUT inside yourself she wasnt any good for you and she betrayed you. You are doin better without her around cos she cheated you. YOU are the one takin care of yourself. You dont care about her anymore shes just out of your life once for all.

Bud.. remember that tough times dont last sooner than you may think now youll be ok again. In the meantime you owe yourself not to give up with your daily duties and always think positive.
    You wont allow that ugly b'itch to **** you up shes just not worth it
    Keep well bud big hug

Quote Originally Posted by MajorGlory
    You wont allow that ugly b'itch to **** you up shes just not worth it
    Keep well bud big hug
    Okay, it clear someone else has been dumped like this too. Why the hostility MajorGlory? I do agree with your post on the most part - however,

I don't think he should 'ill wish' her. Okay - she was devious, and scandelous - but why fill your heart with this anger, when instead, you can be the bigger man, and try to understand that some people don't appreciate things.

There's two paths you can take - one puts anger and bitterness into your heart, and the other puts understanding, and knowledge in your heart.

Just take this as a lesson, and as an experience. Don't fill your heart with ill feelings - my theory/outlook on life:

I don't want to take ANY ill feeling to my Grave. I wanna live a pure life - (okay, that never happens, no body is perfect, but we always try to attain perfection)

Fact is the guy after being dumped has all the good past times with her in his eyes.. what he needs is to be taken strongly and fastly to reality. Reality is we cannot let a cheater break us down.. this is not really the time to give her any time of understanding. Think for yourself bud!

Hey, Bud, MajorGlory is leading you to the DARK SIDE.

Listen to your heart. Your a nice guy. You accept what she did was wrong - I'm not asking you to understand her directly - because what she did was wrong - but I'm asking you to understand the situation, and what there is left on the table.

Don't fill your heart with sorrow, pitty, and revengeful ideas.

hahaha I'm amazed to see everybody showing such concern for me. I wanna thank you all...

I understand what majorglory is talking about... and maybe ya'll think I'm a nice guy but when you feel like a fool like I feel now, I can't help but to get mad. Not only at her, but at myself as well... I'm only human no matter how nice I could be. However, rage never solves anything but it only consumes my energy. I have so much to do, so much to accomplish, and I understand that wasting my time and energy on her is just not worth it.

but like I said,

I'm human.

I guess... for now. I want to spend some time grieving... For some strange reason I don't feel like being strong. Sometimes crying helps too...

Darkside.. I may have put too much passion in some lines but Im not saying to feed feelings of anger and revenge cos these (anyway natural) feelings are just painful and useless by themselves. But Im not like forgivin who f'ucked me as well.. a betrayers place is just out of my consideration though I would wish them double the pain I went through if this wouldnt mean more useless concern for me.

And bud dont blame yourself.. the truth in human relationships is you can never be sure about how anyone is gonna behave till they do. You can be smarter or dumber at understandin people but in the very end every one can act out of any previsions so the only though sad key is never rely 100% on anyone else but you.

this last will sound stupid but I washed my last two girlfriends away watching The ultimate boyscout with Bruce Willis ;-) saw it and felt NEW

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    So you trusted her and she let you down. It happens. All the time. To both men and women in relationships. You can't let it get you down. School should come first. Along the way your bound to meet someone. It will all fall into place. Life is full of disappointments.. Everything is a learning experience. You should appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times.