+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Utterly confused and heartbroken

Utterly confused and heartbroken

This is such a complicated. But let me start by saying that i started a relationship with my best friend back in January. It's been a complete roll caster. I was trying to end a 10 year relationship and he had ended his relationship with his girlfriend.

It was difficult to end my relationship because i didn't want to hurt my x's feelings. After such a long time together i wanted to end peacefully.

Everything was going great with my best friend/boyfriend. we started planning our lives together but he has issue of letting work get to him. He gets upset and angry. He then starts to withdrawal. Into a depression. This happened back in March and i kept pushing him to understand what was wrong. He eventually said that it was my negative attitude. The whole time he was telling me it was work but in reality it was me. We talked and moved on. I started to work on being more positive.

Few months later, it started again. He withdrew and he kept saying it was work. I knew better especially since we had a previous conversation where he asked that i finally pick him, my ex, or no one. it hurt because i thought i had already picked him. We essentially talked it though and i thought we were okay. We texted every day like usual and with our usual banter. But then he started texting less to the point of no communication at all. When i pushed again he said that it's his work and the fact that i couldn't make up my mind.

It's been five weeks since i last saw him. He doesn't really want to see me. He says he doesn't want to be around anyone. He says he feels broken and he's trying to fix himself. i just don't get it. He started to text again but he never calls. I always call to cheer him up when he tells me work was bad. I've suggested seeing him a few times but he's always busy.

I just don't know what to do. Do i keep waiting until he finally feels better or do i just move on?

He's just so negative about work, his life...everything. I never know who i'm going to get when i text him. One minute, he's sweet and we're back to our usual banter. or i get, the i hate my job and i want to go home and sleep guy.

It's hard to love someone with depression. Has he seen a doctor?
    Are you close to any of his family members to see if he can get some help?

-strangetogether.com
    There are millions of people in the world, but it all comes down to one...

www.strangetogether.com

he has once before but it apparently didn't help him. and his family has gotten involved but not enough for him to do something. He just goes home plays video games and sleeps.