+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Judgement!

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    tone.. i never said that i didn't like it. i just hated how people will mess with my threads.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

If you can't comprehend why everybody believes a certain thing it's usually because you aren't listening. Even if you don't agree, it should be easy to see where they're coming from.
    Heit ist mein taug.

Here's my take:

It's almost a domino effect with no end. One of those violence begets violence kind of thing, and as I'll explain, this very post is just another domino in the chain, but...

Like Fawn and others who have been here a while, I've noticed the current mood of the forum. There does seem to be some people in need of sensitivity training, and some people in need of toughening up. One solution is for everyone to toughen up and nobody would be left with hurt feelings. Another is for everyone to be sensitive and sugar coat your every post: say please and thank you.

Of course, the answer for everyone will be different and somewhere inbetween either extreme. Most people will fall in the 70% of the gaussian curve.

Whatever started this trend the result is that someone gets upset about something, someone disagrees and gets upset with this person...then a third party gets upset about people fighting all the time, then someone gets upset that everyone is fighting these days, and so it escalates unti Fawn starts this thread about how some of us are in such a bitchy mood, and I put in my own post which in turn someone will disagree with and knock over the next domino of the "everyone is disagreeable" topic.

I'll go ahead and use our friend risky (RSK) as a practical example. I do believe he has been the source of a lot of this negativity..but he's not to blame entirely. The way I see it, okay, he's obviously trying to get attention in the worse possible way. He really, REALLY cares about bringing his post count up and creates a lot of threads with his name on it and tries to get people to comment about him. I think most of the people who have beef with him see it this way too..and they tell him about it. I see it, and I IGNORE IT. That's the key, I think. That's the way it used to be. That's the way some of the older members remember this place. Very little bitching and complaining that someone is bitching and complaining about you etc, etc. Now that there IS complaining, the mods have to respond to that, and this in turn causes a new wave of bitching and complaining about censorship..where somewhere in the middle, you caused by either bitching to someone or bitching that someone was bitching about you!

I think I lost myself on that one.

In any case, here's my recommendation: TOLERANCE.

You don't like someone's posts..ESPECIALLY ATTENTION WHORES: IGNORE. Obviously this is the best way to deter attention whores. Attention whores don't necessarily want positive attention..just attention in general. Some of the people who ***** about RSK the most are the VERY ones responding to threads he starts albeit to ***** about what a stupid topic it is. What does he do in turn? Engage him in a dialogue. IT'S SO OBVIOUS!! CAN NO ONE ELSE SEE IT???

Being insulted: If you feel offended...consider that the offender was probably trying to elicit a "hurt" response from you..so why give him/her the satisfaction of a reaction? They'd probably stop picking on you if you ignored, or were polite and reasonable with your response. That's no fun.

Insulting: There's no need. Civilized debates are what I like about this forum, and those who can present their points without offending whomever they disagree with end up looking better (in my opinion) anyway..and you usually will have a better time here without the negativity.

So that's it..that's all I want to say right now regarding this matter. If you fit into one of the above categories, consider making the necessary adjustment and we'll all have more fun, guaranteed. I know that a lot of us regulars are probably, more than anything, worried that all of this negativity will drive some of the other regulars away and we'd all hate to see the humor, good sense, intelligence, or kindness that some of our favorites bring and are worried..but not to worry, I think this forum will live on.

Honestly, I don't see what all the fuss is about...

Some people make things happen

Some people watch things happen

Some people wonder what has happened
    Heit ist mein taug.

Forgot something:
    Some people just don't care what happened

So much bitchy-ness going around these days. I'm just saying that the forums become very negative lately.

BTW, ZEKK!! Nice to see you again. So many people have gone on a hiatus :S

I agree with Nomas. He's got the right Idea.

Evil School!!
    May not be on LF as much, due to unforeseen circumstances.
    Blame College and Homework for Everything!!
    -Fawn

Quote Originally Posted by nomas
    You don't like someone's posts..ESPECIALLY ATTENTION WHORES: IGNORE. Obviously this is the best way to deter attention whores. Attention whores don't necessarily want positive attention..just attention in general. Some of the people who ***** about RSK the most are the VERY ones responding to threads he starts albeit to ***** about what a stupid topic it is. What does he do in turn? Engage him in a dialogue. IT'S SO OBVIOUS!! CAN NO ONE ELSE SEE IT???
    My guess is that the hostility you are talking about was directed to RSK, and perhaps to a lesser extent, Lloyd and Lilwing.

Really, I think Lloyd and Lilwing were *enjoying* their exchange and someone ELSE's sensitivity interfered, at least that is what THEY are saying.

As for RSK, I don't know... He knew what kind of attention he was attracting, but kept coming back for more without modifying his behavior, which leads me to think he wasn't particularly bothered by it. People (like you, nomas) just ignored him if you wanted to, and those who wanted to were posting. There was a certain sense of symbiosis: everybody seemed to be able to get what they wanted, even if that was nothing more than an online slap session. Those who didn't want to participate could certainly avoid it. And by the way, I was not one of the people who was particularly offended by RSK, who only irritated me once.

As for the newbies, what some label "hostility" others might call "medicine", which tastes bad going down, but makes you better in the end. I think the advice given by most of the regulars to newbies is actually very GOOD advice, even if it isn't always sugar-coated, and even if there is a tendency to stray from the topic of the thread once the question has basically been answered. Best of all, it is FREE advice.

Overall, I agree with Lloyd, who said people need to have thicker skin. The world does not cater to an individual's sensitivity.

Tone Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Zekk_T_Strife
    If you can't comprehend why everybody believes a certain thing it's usually because you aren't listening. Even if you don't agree, it should be easy to see where they're coming from.
    Right.. so according to your theory the Nazi's were right, they really ARE a superior race right? I mean maybe we're just not listening?

Just because "everybody" believes a "certain thing" doesn't make it right, didn't we learn that in kindergarten? I'm sure in the 1930's in Germany "everybody" believed that "certain thing" - did that make it justified? That's my point.

Anyways - I think nomas made a great post. Just keep in mind we're on the internet, so people will take shots at you without thinking twice about it, if you let it bug you it's really silly and unnecessary.

there's a buddhist saying that i know in cambodian,b ut i don't know how to rightly translate into english..

it goes something like:

vengeance ends when there's no more revenge. is there an english thing close to that?

maybe it's violence. violence end when you stop being violent.
    "Ogres are like onions."

Tone Guest
    Pretty much, all it takes usually is for someone to be the bigger person and ignore whoever is bothering them. Like nomas said, usually when they fire at you they WANT you to argue back with them, they want to get a rise out of you, so when you don't respond, you bother them more than any witty comeback ever could.

Shh!, maybe I used the wrong word, but I didn't go back and read my post.

My post was about the bitching going on, whether that's interchangeable with "hostility" is a matter of opinion, I guess, but let me use "bitching" for now..I feel it's more appropriate for the point I'm trying to make.

I was just saying how it's a domino effect and RSK was the source of a lot of this bitching because many posters were talking about how stupid his posts are sometimes and how he only cares about getting his post count up. This increases the overall level of bitchiness in the forums and something like the Lloyd-Wing thing is magnified because the forum already has this bitchy mood to it. I agree with you, though, I think Lloyd and Wing and I think Frisbee was in on it, they were just having a discussion and as I recall it neither one of them were too upset or offensive toward one another.

Bitchiness... hmmm... maybe everyone is suffering from PMS at the same time.

if you're bitching, i'm bitching, then we're all bitching..

why don't you scream and i scream..

then we'll all scream for ice scream.
    "Ogres are like onions."

lilwing89 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by shh!
    My guess is that the hostility you are talking about was directed to RSK, and perhaps to a lesser extent, Lloyd and Lilwing.

Really, I think Lloyd and Lilwing were *enjoying* their exchange and someone ELSE's sensitivity interfered, at least that is what THEY are saying.

As for RSK, I don't know... He knew what kind of attention he was attracting, but kept coming back for more without modifying his behavior, which leads me to think he wasn't particularly bothered by it. People (like you, nomas) just ignored him if you wanted to, and those who wanted to were posting. There was a certain sense of symbiosis: everybody seemed to be able to get what they wanted, even if that was nothing more than an online slap session. Those who didn't want to participate could certainly avoid it. And by the way, I was not one of the people who was particularly offended by RSK, who only irritated me once.

As for the newbies, what some label "hostility" others might call "medicine", which tastes bad going down, but makes you better in the end. I think the advice given by most of the regulars to newbies is actually very GOOD advice, even if it isn't always sugar-coated, and even if there is a tendency to stray from the topic of the thread once the question has basically been answered. Best of all, it is FREE advice.

Overall, I agree with Lloyd, who said people need to have thicker skin. The world does not cater to an individual's sensitivity.
    i wouldnt call meself an "attention whore", id just say ive been sitting on the computer like all day on LF because i felt like i had nothing better to do...its summer ppl, ive got nothing better to do(well i do i just didnt think i did).
    i wouldnt call lloyd an attention whore either, but we do have a few conflicts...rsk on the other hand would be different...posting "goodbye threads" every week...then not even leaving! and all of his threads where like chatroom logs!! i looked at a few of mine and they looked relatively the same..but things'll change
    if im gonna be gone for a while hell i wont post about it...i just will! i know none of yall will miss me so why bother. its just a forum anyways

i guess i been spending a little too much on LF for the past few weeks...its kindof embarrasing to feel like your the reason everyone else stops posting..and i really dont like seeing "last post by lil wing at (time inserted here" all the way down sections..i guess this happens to everyone though who stays for a while..then they change back..and forth and back and forth.

also i made a new rule where im only gonna get on 2 hours a day so i can practice guitar for the rest

well adios and i think rsk left for good this time

Quote Originally Posted by Fawn
    BTW, ZEKK!! Nice to see you again. So many people have gone on a hiatus :S
    Thanks Fawn, it's good to come around the old neighborhood after so long. Lots of new folks with some good familiar faces.

Tone: I have to say that I really didn't think you were such a moron. You quoted me and yet said something entirely unrelated. For whatever reason you've chosen to single me out, please attempt an intelligible rebuttal to what I have to say. Otherwise you're just desperately trying to be confrontational and, quite horribly, failing.
    Heit ist mein taug.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast