+ Follow This Topic

Thread: He dumbed me and gave me HPV

He dumbed me and gave me HPV

We were best friends for years. Traveled all over together. One morning he texts me and tells me he is in love with me but he has HPV. I did some research because I was in love with him and decided to get vaccinations so we could be together. We started dating then I lost my job and had to move so he told.me I could live with him. We started fighting over little things daily. He broke up with me one morning...he said I drove him crazy and that neither of us were happy. I quit my new job and moved in with ky sister 150 miles away. I went to the doctor and they told.me.I have HPV now too. I told him and he started crying nd calling keep at 11:30 and elling me to keep in touch. I want to fix things because I think we just moved in together too fast. Also I don't want to have to deal with this HPV stuff in a future relationship. I told him I wanted to wor it out but he didn't answer. I am still in love with him. What can I do? Sorry about all the typos my phones...

You tried a trial marriage and you quickly found out that you're unable to maintain a happy, healthy, functional relationship. That's what dating is about to find out if who you are compatible enough to last the test of time. You guys apparently are not.

Can I ask why you would have unprotected sex with him when you knew he had an STD? Did your research not indicate to you that your chances of contacting it were high. You probably were exposed to it prior to getting vaccinated.

Don't go back just because you're feeling lonely and are afraid to be in other relationships now. That is a recipe for disasterous unhappiness for both of you.

Do more research. This isn't the end of the world for you.

That's my motherly advice.

He didn't answer you. So get some councelling to help you to come to terms with what you have and to help you get over him. Don't contact him again. He knows how to reach you and if he ever does again, you both should get some couples councelling together if you're going to try this again.

Hugs
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

It wasn't unprotected but I got it anyhow. I tried no contact and he got upset that I wasn't talking to him. I don't know how to move on knowing that I will likely be alone for a long time.

You're not going to be alone. Try and stay positive.
    I have a friend who has stds and she was a single mother, but now she met a guy who accept her for who she is, what she has and now they're married ans having a baby together.

You can get the right treatment and prevent from getting worse.
    Go and see counceller as well.

Just hang in there.