+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Was he trying to get a response out of me?

Was he trying to get a response out of me?

Hi everyone,

I had a row with my guy last night (I told him that if he continued to behave the way he has then I can't go on with our relationship) and then later when I didn't come online at the time we usually meet I found he had been waiting for me and then he had blocked me on FB. He has done this before but always wanted to come back eventually and always initiated contact. However, this morning I found six emails from him which were forwarded ones from emails he had sent me a couple of weeks ago. I replied, asking what this was about and he replied "these were sent by error....sorry".

Was it really an error or was he trying to get a response out of me? I find it hard to think he would send six emails by error. What do you all think?

If it happened to be one or two messages, I'd say it could be an error. But six? No way. He had to send those

Thanks Jessica. That's what I thought.

When I first knew him we were both in a forum and once we had a row. I ignored him on the forum chat there, but then after a few days he pinged me, but with a blank message. I asked him if he had pinged me and he said "no". But later he confessed that really he had pinged me then because he had needed to have some contact with me somehow.

"...he had needed to have some contact with me somehow." Hmm, here's an idea—how about in person?
    — "Only that in you which is me can hear what I'm saying." ~Baba Ram Dass

What email does he use, I know someone whose phone would send emails off their gmail by accident, just by opening and re reading their mails it would happen a lot but not 6 in a row, maybe 1 or 2, it was some bug on their phone.

So, here is a question for you.... why do you bother to keep letting this guy back in? The way he is acting is extremely immature, and apparently it is not a one time deal, either. From your story, it sounds like he does this kind of crap all the time. He sounds like an immature child, when you should be looking for a man.

But, that is only going from the little you have told us about your story. Maybe there is a lot more to him we haven't seen, so I leave that to you to decide.

Quote Originally Posted by desktop View Post
    "...he had needed to have some contact with me somehow." Hmm, here's an idea—how about in person?

Yeah desktop, that would be great, but right now he is abroad so during the times we can't see each other in person, we have to use the internet to communicate.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, lovebroken, it is gmail. But I still find six messages excessive for it to be just an accident and it has never happened before with him.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi TheEvilJester,

Yes we have a history with this kind of make-up/break-up but on the other hand when things are going well we have a really great relationship. So it's for that I stay. He is always saying he loves me and that I'm the only one in the world who gives a crap about him, etc. We have been together for two years and have been able to see each other when we can, even though he is now abroad. He has been pressing me to go and live with him and get married, and he has been searching for legal info about how I can get a residence permit and all that kind of stuff. The row started because he kept bringing up some past fights that we had a while back where he says I hurt him a lot. I said that if he still kept that resentment then I just couldn't continue with him. But still I do love him and normally he is good to me.

For sure. Everybody has fights, and everybody does something at one time or another that hurts the other person when they don't mean to and/or regret it later. We are human, unfortunately. We can't help it. But, forgiving and moving on means FORGIVING and MOVING ON. So, he shouldn't be getting upset with you again over mistakes you made in the past. If he keeps getting upset, then he obviously isn't over it, and you don't deserve to be constantly reminded of mistakes for which you've already made amends. So, he really needs to learn to stop causing this immature crap period, but especially over things that are in the past.

Good luck to you. If you want to be with him, then I wish you the best and hope he learns to grow up. Still, if he can't, then I hope, for your own sake, that you eventually find somebody who will treat you right.