+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What is your exercise fitness regime?

What is your exercise fitness regime?

I enjoy swimming three times a week.
    Running two times a week. This is usually around a park trail.
    Doing a dance fitness class once a week.
    Then I take off one day a week with no real fitness other than walking if I am out.

Run with the two dogs daily, I box, play baseball, basketball and soccer during the week or weekend when time is available.

You play a lot of sports, somehelp4me, do you have a favorite to maintain your fitness? How long do you run with your dogs, for 30 minutes or longer each day?

My current routine is to do little things every single day. I find it is much easier to stay consistent that way rather than having such a dauntingly effortful huge session to fear.

I believe the most important thing is to build the SKILL OF CONSISTENCY and I believe it is more important than the skill you are trying to be consistent in.
    Let's connect!
    Online Vocal Coach, Singer/Songwriter, Health & Wealth Coach

PHILMOUFARREGE.com
    Grow-The-Voice.com

Twitter: @PhilMoufarrege
    YouTube: PhilMoufarrege
    Facebook: Phil.Moufarrege

Thank you for responding too, Phil Moufarrege. I agree I don't have time to go to a gym or even pay membership to a gym that I may not be able to go into daily, and I like running outside, not inside on a treadmill.

What are your regular work outs, sports or weights?

Quote Originally Posted by lovebroken View Post
    Thank you for responding too, Phil Moufarrege. I agree I don't have time to go to a gym or even pay membership to a gym that I may not be able to go into daily, and I like running outside, not inside on a treadmill.

What are your regular work outs, sports or weights?
    I do pushups, pullups, handstand pushups and L-Sits.
    I used to do huge workouts twice a week doing all sorts of heavy lifting like deadlifts, squats, thick bar lifts etc.

But I have found far greater results by simply doing a little bit each day. I try to get 100 pushups in every day, broken up into as many sets as I like. 50 pullups and 50 seconds of L sit.

I have a mantra, that building the SKILL OF CONSISTENCY, is more important than the SKILL you are trying to be CONSISTENT at! Meaning, make something so easy that you are sure to always do it! Sticking in for the long run is more important than singular efforts!
    Let's connect!
    Online Vocal Coach, Singer/Songwriter, Health & Wealth Coach

PHILMOUFARREGE.com
    Grow-The-Voice.com

Twitter: @PhilMoufarrege
    YouTube: PhilMoufarrege
    Facebook: Phil.Moufarrege

100 push ups a day is very determined, I am not good at push ups. Have never even done a pull up before, but have and do sit ups and squats. You have a good structured routine.

That mantra is true and right, same for when people diet, so you can stay on it long enough to do you good and see results.

I get pretty bored if I go to the gym and just work out, so I decided to go to sport classes.
    I go to box twice a week
    Pole dancing twice a week
    Softball once or twice a week

Boxing sounds like fun, have you ever been hurt? I would like to try pole fitness too, I heard that works all your body muscles. You have a nice routine, mythrow.

Mainly calisthenics, but sometimes free weights and machines. Every day I work out it's abs, warm up cardio style for 15 mins, one day it's chest, tri's, and shoulders, another day back, bi's, and lower back. Every day stretching, yoga style.

martial arts training it's all i need, do it daily if I can. and if i can't i try to take a run or park far enough away from work or whatever and get an hour walk in. i play basketball too with friends.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

@ nomas - I like yoga I enjoy doing it outdoors when possible, sounds like you have your routine down, that is the way to be then you stick with it and don't get bored and stop it becomes part of your daily lifestyle.

[MENTION=70896]Exeter19[/MENTION] - I have tried tai chi, sorry on the spelling if written wrong and enjoyed it, they gave outdoor classes for it in a local park and I loved going, it is very in touch with your spirituality to me doing that and doing it outdoors.

Swimming mostly, I love to swim daily if I can and walking of course.
    “If you worry about what might be, and wonder what might have been, you will ignore what is.”