+ Follow This Topic

Thread: New Relationship, concerned with a change in behaviour, worried I'm overthinking.

New Relationship, concerned with a change in behaviour, worried I'm overthinking.

First off, hello! I'm Serena

I've come here because I've been seeing a guy and I am really confused the background is as follows:

We met on a dating app called Tinder and really hit it off. We messaged everyday for about a month, moving from Tinder to Snapchat to texts and calls. He lives an hour away, and arranged for him to come visit one Friday. He came over, we went on a night out and it was great!

The following week, however, it felt that his texts etc changed a bit. He wasn't so... Cute maybe with what he was saying, would take longer to reply. We'd both still initiate contact so it wasn't one sided in that respect. I asked him when he was coming down next and we arranged to meet again the following Friday. We went for dinner, came home and watched a movie, once again, awesome.

The next week I felt again that maybe the texts weren't quite as cute. We were both busy the following weekend and didn't meet up. That brings us to this week! Again I feel he's taking longer to reply, and maybe not as affectionate in his texts. We still talk everyday, and on Wednesday I asked when he's going to come see me again, to which he replied Friday, so I should be seeing him later.

So what's my worry? Basically I just feel since we've met he's maybe taken a step back emotionally. It's awesome when we are together, but most of our time is spent apart. I guess what I'm wondering, is whether I'm reading too much into his slow replies or text content? We haven't discussed whether we're exclusive or anything, and I'm not sure if I should just wait and see if he mentions it, or raise the topic myself.

Any advice is appreciated, and thanks so much in advance

Xx

FYI we don't know what he is thinking either. I suggest taking your time as it's only been 4 meetings, and dating other people until it crystallises as to whether you are both into it or not.