+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Girlfriend and yoga

Girlfriend and yoga

Folks need your help!

I love my girlfriend and I had a fight with her yesterday because she wanted to go for yoga classes. The point is not the yoga itself but the fact She found out a school that ( actually a brand of schools) which the “guru” or master as he call himself teaches tantric sex( I don´t know what if “teaching tantric sex” are the correct words). I google it and found out that one of interviews he said that you can have a partner and do the “exercises” with someone else. This is the kind of philosophy that the guy teaches ( there are “others” teachings). I don´t know nothing about yoga or tantric sex..So I don´t know if those guys are going to influence her in this way of polygamy (I don´t know if I am over reacting) I really does not want that for myself to see her going to “that kind of philosophy” ( Again I may over reacting, don´t know) but if that is true…I may find my ways with somebody else. I need your advice…

Can't you go with your girlfriend to the tantric yoga classes and do them together? Then you can know what it is all about and not have to worry whom might be partnering with her for the classes. Sounds like something you'd do with a romantic partner anyhow.

Fck no dont let her go. Tantric sex is sex without orgasm.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

I have a knee problem and I am under treatment right now. That´s why i don´t go with her. We talked more about it. She is very determined to do it. I don´t want to be the bad boyfriend, but I see now nothing I can do to change her mind...any help?

For one who has done yoga many times, yoga just isn't about the positions but rather finding your center. If you have knee problems you can adjust your positions to make it easier.

Some questions I have for you is how long have you and your gf been together. Is she set on going to this particular one or yoga in general? And what are you concerns?

How about this. Go for at least one class and let the guru know of your knee injury and see what he recommends. Tell him you want to try it out. If you open your mind to it you might find that you have nothing to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by CrasherRob8 View Post
    For one who has done yoga many times, yoga just isn't about the positions but rather finding your center. If you have knee problems you can adjust your positions to make it easier.

Some questions I have for you is how long have you and your gf been together. Is she set on going to this particular one or yoga in general? And what are you concerns?

How about this. Go for at least one class and let the guru know of your knee injury and see what he recommends. Tell him you want to try it out. If you open your mind to it you might find that you have nothing to worry about.
    I google the school she wants to go and I found and interview with the guru ( the guy own several places in the whole country). Here is what he says on the interview:

“I have seen polygamist people going monogamist and vice versa, after practicing tantric yoga. My students who went polygamist said that all tantric exercises have nothing to do with fidelity. One student could do the exercises with a partner or several. Jealousy is a lack of manner with the partner.”

When I read that I say “ WTF!?!??!”. I could not believe this guy thinking. And people buy that?!?!? We had an argument and you know the rest. I really don´t know what to do.

Obviously you two do not live together, because I am thinking she'd be less likely to do this if you didn't want her to if you shared accommodations. I find the teachers comments to be strange and the whole idea of the classes odd, but obviously someone has talked her into the classes be a good thing and she will do them. Do you want this to break you both up, if not you'll have to accept it. You can go watch with a bad knee, don't need to participate, be her drive there and back, watch for a bit at the start and at the end, that should ease your concerns.

What is this bullshit? Don't listen to the gypsies.
    A strong woman takes advantage of help she can get from people around her but she doesn't rely on them for anything

She uses logic and manages her emotions

She offers help either because it is a business transaction or out of kindness. It is never because she hopes others will return the favour or out of fear of losing them

She has her own mind and thinks for herself and knows that she has to be the one who bears the consequences of her decisions

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
    Fck no dont let her go. Tantric sex is sex without orgasm.
    LOL!!

More importantly, she would need a partner! What good are tantric sex lessons if your partner doesn't participate?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?