+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is he playing games?

Is he playing games?

Okay, so there's a guy that I recently met and at the beginning I told him that I wanted to be friends, because I just got out of a serious relationship. He said he respected that, but also told me he had strong feelings for me (a very short time after we met). We hung out consistently (and still do) and he is always first to contact me, at any time of the day. However, this guy is very attractive with an accent and A LOT of female friends. Well, over the time we've known each other I've noticed myself developing feelings for him. I told him about it, and he seemed excited. I confronted him about my suspicions, and I told him that if he's playing games, he needs a different player 2 because I do not do that. He told me he wasn't playing games, that if he just wanted to get laid then he could go to a club and get a girl a drink and dance with her. I'm not sure if I should believe what he says, simply because I know he has a lot of friends who are girls, and I've seen him post some skeevy comments on near-nude pictures of girls on facebook. I didn't keep my word, though, and did play one small game with him: I deleted him on facebook. He noticed, and called me asking why? Was I okay? What's going on? Was I trying to tell him something? He seemed genuinely concerned, but I'm not sure if I can believe it.

So what do you think, guys? Is he a player? Or are my insecurities and paranoia from my last relationship biting me in the ass?

I don't think him commenting on other women's pics or having a lot of female friends makes him a player at all. Especially if that's the only thing you have to base your suspicions off of.

If you like him, go out on a date. Doesn't mean you have to jump into a serious relationship with him. Just go have a good time and enjoy each other's company and go from there..

There is not enough information about him to figure out if he's a player or not.

You though, you don't like the fact that he has so many female friends so maybe you should adhere to your own personal boundaries and not date a guy that you're going to feel insecure with. If you carry on with him then you will end up being a jealous wench who can't relax because she's always going to fear he's screwing one of those many female friends he has or, when he's out at a club he'll be screwing one of those chicka's he just bought a drink and danced with.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Your first mistake was not deleting him on facebook nor was it falling for a player. Rather, it was falling for any guy. It just invites guys to take advantage of you.
    A strong woman takes advantage of help she can get from people around her but she doesn't rely on them for anything

She uses logic and manages her emotions

She offers help either because it is a business transaction or out of kindness. It is never because she hopes others will return the favour or out of fear of losing them

She has her own mind and thinks for herself and knows that she has to be the one who bears the consequences of her decisions

How the hell would we know? If you're already jealous and having your doubts at the beginning of the relationship why bother with it? You'll only make him and yourself miserable.