+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Guys, I have a question about virginity

Guys, I have a question about virginity

What does it mean to you? How important is it to you? Does it influence how you look at a girl?

I am 21 and virgin, and honestly it bothers me because I heard most guys want a virgin girl because she is supposedly pure or innocent. I've never been in a relationship and the thought that a guy would want me because I am "tighter" disgusts me. I am not some religious freak, but I don't want to lose my virginity to someone random who doesn't love me. I would rather use toys my whole life.

I have never known a guy who cares at all whether a girl is a virgin or not. In my opinion, any guy who prefers a virgin girl is a little suspect in my opinion... wanting a "pure" and "innocent" girl just seems a little creepy to me. It sounds slightly misogynistic.

I would say that it shouldn't matter to the guy that much, if your'e a virgin in that sense, yes, you will be tight, but theres plenty of women who tighten up after a week or so of no sex. The only type of guy you really need to watch out for is the one trying to hunt for popping cherries. But you decide what your virginity means to you it can mean as little or as much to you as you want really, its how you treat it, who you lose it to, and how you lose it. If you lose it to someone who really cares about you you don't need to worry about them want it for the wrong reasons, or again if you decide it really doesn't mean very much to you, it won't bother you. Its all how you perceive it in a sense, not how the guys view it, because there will always be good and bad guys.

Yeah.....the idea of sleeping with a virgin makes me shudder

I like good sex thank you very much

Quote Originally Posted by surfhb View Post
    Yeah.....the idea of sleeping with a virgin makes me shudder

I like good sex thank you very much
    Is it the idea of taking one's virginity? Or the idea of sleeping with a unexperienced girl?
    Is the idea of an 18+ virgin girl intriguing (considering that most girls start making sex at a very young age)? Do you think differently about virgin girls that kept their virginity by choice?
    And how can sex with a virgin be good other than the tight bit? I am virgin, and by definition I've never had sex with anyone. Isn't the inexperience a bad thing?

I would love answers to these question bitte danke

Quote Originally Posted by Fifine View Post
    Is it the idea of taking one's virginity? Or the idea of sleeping with a unexperienced girl?
    Is the idea of an 18+ virgin girl intriguing (considering that most girls start making sex at a very young age)? Do you think differently about virgin girls that kept their virginity by choice?
    And how can sex with a virgin be good other than the tight bit? I am virgin, and by definition I've never had sex with anyone. Isn't the inexperience a bad thing?

I would love answers to these question bitte danke
    Sex is supposed to be fun and it's a terrible turn off when the other person doesn't know what they're doing or is nervous.....that's why I wouldn't want to sleep with a Virgin

Also, adult women who have saved themselves tend to be uptight about sex. A generalization but it tends to be true.

I'm a middle aged male I'm probably the wrong person to ask. Hopefully someone your age will chime in.

Btw....the "tightness" thing is just a myth

What does it mean to you?
    Lots of different things, but it isn't an inherently bad or good thing. I wouldn't judge her until I get to know her.

I am 21 and virgin, and honestly it bothers me because I heard most guys want a virgin girl because she is supposedly pure or innocent. I've never been in a relationship and the thought that a guy would want me because I am "tighter" disgusts me.
    Those guys are selfish idiots and you should stay away from them. I also find it disgusting that guys would approach a girl for that sole reason.

I have a lot of respect for women who hold on to their virginity for love, it speaks for their character, but it isn't a huge deal if she isn't. What matters to me is what type of person she is today.
    Last edited by omnifarious; 22-08-14 at 02:00 PM.

You are over analysing a natural act because you have not lost your virginity and you are building it up into a big drama in your head. I know because I did the same thing.

Stop worrying about protecting yourself from theoretical types of men that you haven't even met yet. Just try to relax, have fun, and find a guy who you think seems nice. He won't be perfect because nobody is so just exercise some judgement and common sense and choose to do it with someone that you both like and trust.

You can't insulate yourself from risks completely, you can minimise them by not getting involved with obvious arseholes but other than that life is just about making your best decision and then adapting if you turn out to be wrong.

Honestly, it doesn't matter. It's better if you're not a virgin, cause that way you atleast know what you're doing, then again the purity thing - that goes both ways.

The only reason guys want their girls to be virgins is so that guys wouldn't have to worry about their girls comparing them to other guys. Other than that I can't imagine any reason why would someone prefer virgins. Maybe except in religious families..but I digress.

But I don't want to sound rude, I mean if the next girl I'd end up together with would turn out to be a virgin, I'd be glad. Because I would be the one she chose to be her first.