+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Dilemm in crush with a guy!

Dilemm in crush with a guy!

I'm 34 years old & workin' as bank support system! Lately, I met a guy (introduced by my collegue) in the workspace! knowing each other around 2 months only! but, strange is my face become reddish & blushed when he's at my department for meeting! And i'm shy to look at him cos my team like teasing me & him! I found out that it could b crush on him, but i dare not to xpress my feeling out! not the right time yet! In the end, i seek advice and get more info of that guy! but the good news is he was born in india (south india), age 25 years old, single, very educated, respecful to ladies, loyalty & very good lookin, black belt judo! Bad news is based in india customs / rules relationship, parents wil decide of his son's life partner! And the suitable age between 5 years younger or same age with him! he is the eldest in the family, commitment is very priority taking care of his family (even though he's away from home)! Compare to me, i'm older than him 10 years! i felt so sad, embarrased & no chance for me! Worst part i'm not indian girl! After my 1st failure relationship (engagement cancelled - due to my family disagree he's an indian guy) datin for 5 years, i'm gettin out of socialize with people! It took me for 3 years to cure the pain of 1st failure! I'm scared rejection of love again! should i keep secret of my feelings or wait the rite timing 2 reveal out? i' m scared losing him! :-(

It all comes down to yourself, yes respect their culture as well. But in the end it comes down to you, some of us say that the world now is not what it used to be back a long time ago however traditions are still in place. It wouldn't hurt to talk to him, at least try that first and already i am sure he knows.
    What you want sometimes may be your brain only seeking the comfort and satisfaction. But what you really want to do with your gut feeling, instinct and heart is reality.

Dear Carol,

Ya cannot walk away from what the heart wants. If you do, you will always be wondering what could have been if only you'd been honest with your feelings.
    Sure, different cultures are to be respected; but there is nothing wrong with creating new traditions, or at least, trying to stretch a little in the midst of the ones already in place. I would rather my son or daughter be with someone they truly love, who truly loves them and I would deal with any family members bent on the rules of tradition.

Your body is telling you something. you get flushed in the face when he's around; your heart beats faster. Sounds obvious to me.

You have healed from your last relationship. We must try not to allow past hurts to shape our future. Sure, we learn from them but we must embrace possibilities of heart connections.

Talk to him one day. When that moment strikes right. You can do this
    good luck
    Last edited by woody; 08-09-14 at 08:20 AM.

I agree with the guys above.

Don't live in regret, just talk to him and see if he's open to a date.

If he chooses ancient dogma instead then you would be better off without him anyway.