+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: is my wife right for being crazy mad at me for doing favor for my family?

Quote Originally Posted by dontaskme View Post
    I still don't understand why you can't see that your wife is plain unreasonable. You need not defend her childish behavior cause your looking foolish doing so.

I think your wife is jealous of what your sister has therefore, she's trying to get back at her by using you and separating you from family.

I agree.....
    I LOVE ... US

I'll tell your wife that if she thinks she can't handle her life as it is then rather then "punish" your husbands family for wanting to go out child-free for an evening then why don't you ask for help as well instead of being a martyr and while being this martyr, abusing your husband and his good nature?

If you felt neglected that he went then you could have gone with him and had a night together looking after the children which could have been a fun night as a family.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

You can resolve this but she needs to learn that your wants/needs/opinions etc matter just as much as hers and she cant throw a strop everytime she doesnt get her own way. I think you are also responsible for her entitled behavior as you have put up with it and enabled it. Time to change the dynamic here and expect to be treated as an equal partner and stand up for yourself and what you want occasionally too. Instead of ass kissing and trying to keep the piece all the time-sometimes stand your ground and be firm. She will respect you more

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12