+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Friend-zoned?

Friend-zoned?

I asked her out for a dinner/movie, and she agreed. I continued to say that it will be on my treat, her reply was, "No, thank you. I am particular about money issue especially with someone who I am not closed to as it is my principle." Then I prompted her why she would watch a movie with someone who she is not closed to, and she replied that she feels alright to watch with anyone as long as they are not stranger, provided that as long as she is free. Some background information, we know each other through orientation camp and have been communicating for past 2 to 3 weeks but I have been the one initiating the conversation though.

Question! I am being friend-zoned. Correct me if I am wrong. Thanks!

Did you tell her you want it to be a date? Those words exactly?

Let her pay if she wants....no harm in that but make sure your intentions are clear

Quote Originally Posted by surfhb View Post
    Did you tell her you want it to be a date? Those words exactly?

Let her pay if she wants....no harm in that but make sure your intentions are clear
    Hi surfhb,

Thank you for your reply.

I did not mentioned that it is a date. I sent her a message sat night that I do not usually watch horror movies; however because of her, I will watch it with her and I also recommended her a movie. Her reply was that the movie does not seemed to be a horror movie but she will watch with me if I would want to watch.

With that reply, I am pretty confused about what her thinking is. Is she keen to spend time to watch movie with me or just because I have asked her out for a movie.

As much as I could go on a thesis-length rant about how much I hate the word "friendzone", yes it sounds like you have been friendzoned.

Ask her if this is a date! Make your intentions clear and see what she says.

If no then you cancel and go find another girl. Life's too short to be wasting time on crap like this

Ask her if this is a date! Make your intentions clear and see what she says.

If no then you cancel and go find another girl. Life's too short to be wasting time on crap like this
    Thanks for your recommendation. I have told her that my intention for asking her out, and she rejected the offer as she is not interested to be in relationship and would like to stay as a friend will do.

Thinking what to do next..
    Last edited by Machi; 05-09-14 at 05:49 PM.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    What you should do next is to find another girl who IS interested in dating you, and forget about this one.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    What you should do next is to find another girl who IS interested in dating you, and forget about this one.
    Yes, I know. It needs a period of time to get over this matter and it is not easy to find someone who is interesting in dating, especially when I am so insensitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Machi View Post
    Yes, I know. It needs a period of time to get over this matter and it is not easy to find someone who is interesting in dating, especially when I am so insensitive.
    How do you know you're insensitive? Where did that come from?

You were a man by making your intention clear.....keep it up

How do you know you're insensitive? Where did that come from?

You were a man by making your intention clear.....keep it up
    Thank you for your encouragement.

My friends always say that I am ignorant. Hence, I believe I will only know the lady likes me only if she tells me, which rarely happen! My ignorant level is way too high. LOL.
    Last edited by Machi; 07-09-14 at 05:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Machi View Post
    I asked her out for a dinner/movie, and she agreed. I continued to say that it will be on my treat, her reply was, "No, thank you. I am particular about money issue especially with someone who I am not closed to as it is my principle." Then I prompted her why she would watch a movie with someone who she is not closed to, and she replied that she feels alright to watch with anyone as long as they are not stranger, provided that as long as she is free. Some background information, we know each other through orientation camp and have been communicating for past 2 to 3 weeks but I have been the one initiating the conversation though.

Question! I am being friend-zoned. Correct me if I am wrong. Thanks!
    She just does not seem to think of it as a date. Try asking her out on a date next time, and see how she reacts.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartWeaver View Post
    She just does not seem to think of it as a date. Try asking her out on a date next time, and see how she reacts.
    Thank you for your reply!

After knowing that she did not get the hint, I told her directly that I am interested in her. Her reply was that she is not interested in (I could not remember the exact word) and remain as friend would be good enough.

After you ask straight out then it becomes "friendzone"but it does make the situation clear. If you really like her, just hang out with her when you FEEL like it and go do whatever you find fun and let the unexpected interest come in but DO NOT SPEND MONEY on her. If she pays, good you know she's not a gold digger +1 and the rest just see if she will do the things you've always wanted to do with someone or a friend and go do it! Meanwhile just meet new people

Quote Originally Posted by Whisteria View Post
    After you ask straight out then it becomes "friendzone"but it does make the situation clear. If you really like her, just hang out with her when you FEEL like it and go do whatever you find fun and let the unexpected interest come in but DO NOT SPEND MONEY on her. If she pays, good you know she's not a gold digger +1 and the rest just see if she will do the things you've always wanted to do with someone or a friend and go do it! Meanwhile just meet new people
    I doubt it is possible to turn a friend-zone to a love-zone. It is nearly 0%.

Of course I agree with that, however in my personal opinion try because the outcome can be different. That's all I'm saying, completely up to the individual though.