+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Do Girls get Picked Up Often?

Do Girls get Picked Up Often?

Hello, I tried doing a search, but I'm not too sure what the technical phrase is, so I couldn't find anything.

Recently, a a girl of my interest has told me how people try to pick her up- at least once a week. She's around 20. I've asked two female friends and they've told me that, although it's rare, it happens. This concept is kind of new to me (blissfully ignorant huh...?) As a guy, I think it's almost despicable, especially if the female doesn't appreciate it.

My question is, does this happen often? Is this something that girls will need to deal with as a normal problem? If so, what ways do you girls employ to ward off these types of guys? I ask because I sort of want to find a solution, but I'm starting to feel that it's an inevitable problem they will have to deal with.

Depends on the girl, the location, and the guys. Does she dress slutty? A lot of makeup? When a girl dresses as if she is open for business, a lot of guys will try to pick her up. Does she frequent clubs or bars often? Girls who go to those places invites guys to pick her up. Also at some locations/parts of the world, the culture permits guys to be more aggressive.
    A strong woman takes advantage of help she can get from people around her but she doesn't rely on them for anything

She uses logic and manages her emotions

She offers help either because it is a business transaction or out of kindness. It is never because she hopes others will return the favour or out of fear of losing them

She has her own mind and thinks for herself and knows that she has to be the one who bears the consequences of her decisions

My girl gets hit on everywhere, in lines, in stores, at work, etc. I have seen it happen. She will ask a question in a store and the guy will fall all over himself trying to help her. I ask a question and I am lucky to get pointed in the right direction. She is friendly, but if they get too forward she will tell them she has a boyfriend and they usually back off.