+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Don't know how my gf feels about me

Don't know how my gf feels about me

So, I'm at the point of breaking up with a girl (or maybe past that point) and I don't know if I am making the right decision. We had been dating for around 4 months, and as far as I could tell everything was going fine. She had told me that she really liked me and had tried to introduce me to all of her friends. We saw each other at least once a week and would be in touch every few days. Then she went on holiday. The last time I saw her, a week before she left, things seemed fine between us. I texted her a couple of times after that and she seemed a little distant, took quite a long time to respond and was a little bit short, but didn't think that much of it at the time. Then she went on holiday, she told me she was going for 3 and a half weeks. I expected to hear from her at least after a week while she was there, didn't here anything for around 2 weeks. So I sent her a text asking how it was going, no response at all for another 2 and a half weeks. In her response it was like nothing had happened, just said holiday was great, how am I, etc. I was pretty angry and sent a response saying I got the impression she didn't want to see me, I don't want to be in a relationship with her because it's too casual. That was a week ago and received no response. I love her, but I think she can't be that bothered about me if she did that. I don't want to be with her if that is the case but I don't know exactly how she feels. Don't know whether to contact her again or just move on!

Can't really tell at this point but girls in love do not just distant themselves for no reason. Has something happened previously that maybe you didn't notice was a problem but was something to her? Maybe she feels like you guys need a break? Maybe she's a bit confused with her feelings for you? Maybe she's found something wrong with your relationship? Maybe she's feeling insecure? There could be many reasons why she is being this way.

I think the best thing for you to do is to talk to her about it. Maybe she needs this time away from you. Treat it like a break for you two for now and when she comes back, tell her you need to talk. Even if she wants to break up, she needs to talk to you. Ask her what is wrong, but make sure you are calm about it. Don't just start accusing her of anything. Don't get angry about her lack of contact. That would just make her recoil from you. Stay calm. Control your emotions and she will feel more confident telling you what she is really thinking. If you do love her and want it to work, don't give up so easily. Even if it doesn't work out in the end, you can at least tell yourself that you made an effort and won't regret it.

Good luck!!