+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why don't men go to get what they want?

Why don't men go to get what they want?

I have a question for men.

Let's say you are good looking, nice, smart 32 year old guy who is single and that you like someone since you were in diapers, someone who is not our friend anymore but just an acquaintance.

Why wouldn't you make a first move?

Belive me I am not Cruella de Vill, I am pretty nice and aprochable person as people say. I don't know why this guy when we bump into each doesn't approach me, because I like him too.
    I am pretty sure he feels the same way as I do because I am good at reading body language at least I am 88% sure he likes me.

I am not going to do the first move because I see he is uncomfortable around me and really confused.
    This is like playing hide and seek for the love of God. All he does is nothing. Why?
    He is not ugly, he is not jobless, he doesn't live with his parents anymore, we never had a fight (what I want to say is that there is no reason for him to be shy looser, instead he should be confident guy if he has some self confidence issues around me), all I did to him was that we spontaneously parted ways as life happens and we stopped hanging out when we were grewing up and he moved away and got back when he graduated from college and I see him now and then.

My question is why are men acting like this? My situation is not the only one I've known of!

Guys why don't you aproach the girls you like? I am not talking about someone you've seen once or five times in your life. But someone who is acquaintance you know since you were a baby, someone who you like since your hormones started to bloom. And nothing happens!
    Last edited by morgana13; 06-09-14 at 06:18 PM.

Well you sound slightly nuts, so maybe that's why.

In general many people believe that the "childhood friend" relationship never works, they don't take the plunge because they are afraid to ruin that good relationship and then create the distance if anything went wrong. But some men look at it as a boundary, maybe have thought about it and tried but were brushed off and ignored.

You say he is not shy but around you he seems to stutter and shy away, perhaps the time away has shown the difference in appearance and personality change. Just has not reached his comfort zone or confident zone.

Why don't we go for the girl we like? Honestly I cannot answer that question because every guy's answer will be different in how the portray the situation of the "girl they like".