+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why has this guy i've been speaking to online suddenly began ignoring me?

Why has this guy i've been speaking to online suddenly began ignoring me?

About 2 months ago I began speaking to a guy through social media who's in a small band. (we haven't met). We began speaking after i complimented their new single. (he’s 28, i’m 20). The first time we ever spoke, we stayed up for hours. After that, we exchanged numbers and began texting everyday. The conversation was friendly at first, then we began sharing stuff about our lives. I'd never really felt that comfortable with anyone before.

After about a month, we started flirting It was innocent at first, then gradually turned sexual. About a month into speaking, we began sexting. I’ve never done that with anyone before but i was comfortable with it. Not long after that, he sent me a ‘video’ and even a few nudes, which was fine. I never sent him anything in return, which he seemed okay with, he never asked. For a few weeks after that, we still had a good ‘relationship’ it was friendly, flirty and sexual.

About two weeks ago, he suddenly stopped texting me. Being curious, i sent him a quick text. Since then, he’s been really distant. He hasn’t flirted, the cute nicknames have stopped and the sexting has stopped. He will either take a few hours to reply, or just ignore. I was initially going to just leave it and see what happens, but unfortunately the other night, i drunk text him. It wasn’t anything too bad, just saying that he was brilliant to talk to and i kind of wish i knew him (everything he had once said to me). The next morning, i apologised, he hasn’t replied. We haven’t spoke since then.I guess what my question is, should i just stop texting him, on social media as well? It’s just difficult because we’ve went pretty much every day speaking, to nothing. The fact that i like his bands music is also hard, if that makes sense. We stay 9 hours from each other (both stay in britain) chances are they will play here fairly soon. A part of me feels ‘used’ if that makes sense? Like he’s got pretty much everything out of me. I hate sounding this needy, but i’ve told him a lot about my life, and he just doesn’t seem to care anymore.

Another thing, he seems to be speaking to a lot of young girls on social media now. I’m just starting to become really angry now, and i’m trying my best not to say anything angry to him, in case I’m wrong. But most of me just feels like he’s realised i’m harder to convince to meet up and such, so he’s gave up. At the beginning he picked up a lot about meand asked me about my self esteem and i may be overthinking this, but something tells me that’s what he wanted, and that’s why he was so nice to me, trying to make me feel a connection, when there really wasn’t anything. He also, really early on to speaking, told me that he hadn't had sex in about a year a half, looking back it seems really odd that someone would bring that up within the first few days of speaking to someone. Maybe he was trying to make me feel bad for him? I just feel like because he thinks he's in a band, he's using that to his advantage? I could be wrong, i tend to look into everything.

Is it the best thing to just not contact him at all, ignore his social media profiles and continue posting on mine like everything is normal, and see what happens? It probably makes me look worse if i say anything anything, or post really angry posts.

It would be interesting to see what happens if they ever do play here, if he might try and get back in touch.

Anyway, thank you for any help, i just feel really confused right now.

I think he just treats you as a friend. In the meantime, unless he talks to you, just ignore him.

.I guess what my question is, should i just stop texting him, on social media as well? It’s just difficult because we’ve went pretty much every day speaking, to nothing.
    Get your ass off of the computer and get out in the real world and meet men that way instead in this SAFE, uncommitted, fantasy world you've created for yourself. This interaction is not healthy particularly when you think BS like this:
    I'd never really felt that comfortable with anyone before.
    You never even met this douche bag so you've never felt comfortable with anyone in real life... that's scary as fk and you should be concerned about that fact. If you're not then you should get some help with your inability to be a normal, social person.

At age 20 you certainly don't want to form a habit of online only relationships where you masturbate to words on a screen as a lifestyle. You don't want that habit/addiction to be following you when you finally meet a REAL personal that you can hold hands with, spend time with, smell, kiss, touch etc.

He has moved onto another naïve anti-socialized chick who was likely stupid enough to send him nudes of herself which will likely end up on the internet for all to see eventually.

Delete his info and grow to be a popular, social young lady who REAL MEN would like to be with.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

I can't thank you enough for that, it was exactly what i needed to hear! Hope you have a good day.

He probably has a harem of young girls from around the world online and irl, him sending nudes out so quick would have been the red flag I needed to avoid him, that is creepy. Don't contact him, if he liked you as a person in any way he would reach out, or at least reply back in not doing so tells you what you need to know.