+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What does this mean? Is he interest?

What does this mean? Is he interest?

I met this guy at my work place. His company has us as a client for installing the water filter machine and he was there on Wednesday. I'm a very shy person so when I walk by him I just smile and nod my head and he did the same thing. After that I went out to eat lunch and back in 15 minutes and still seeing him so I made a comment about you're still here. He did start a small conversation with me and I told him that I need to head to the rest room. When I got out I saw him climb right down the ladder not sure if he's done with the wiring or he want to talk to me but I walk right to my desk grab my purse and head out for my small walk. When I got back to the parking lot I saw him picking up his stuff and he head out to me start a little talk, gave me his business card and told me call, text or have dinner with him sometimes. He also ask if I have a boyfriend yet. After a day of thought I decided to text him on Thursday. It took him until Friday morning to response me. He's pretty much told me about where he is and what's he doing and ask how my day going. It's only two long text from each of us. Then he continue with the response on Saturday with 1 long text just telling me what's he doing and where he's going such as heading to the gym or going to his nephew games. I noticed he didn't response to my last text today. I know guy said that text amount or when a guy text isn't important. But what is this mean? Does he want me as a friend? haha guy are so hard to understand.

It's not hard to understand at all. He liked you. He doesn't spend ever second of every day obsessing about text messages because he has a life. If you like him, go on a date and see where things lead.

I don't know lost_man. He didn't text me today either. Maybe he like me when he first saw me but then lost interest? I noticed those guy I met in the past if they like me they would either talk on the phone or text me a lot. I don't have a good feeling with this one.

Well I know you said you are shy, but send him a flirty text and if it doesn't get you anywhere it's not meant to be.

Hi Lost_man,

Thanks for being active and trying to give me advise. I don't flirt with guy not sure how to. But yeah he texted again said he has a project for another job recently so he's working day and night between both jobs. I didn't texted back though seemed like this guy is really into his little world. A world that is hard for someone to enter. So I guess I shouldn't be waisting my time. What do you think?

- - - Updated - - -

If he spent the time to text when he is so busy he is likely interested. What it really comes to is do you want to try for him? I can be very shy myself with people that I do not know though my life experience has helped me to deal with my shyness much better then when I was younger. I know it can be hard, but even if nothing comes of it you will at least know that you tried. I have had a few different women I was interested in that seemed to be interested as well and because of how much I worry about how others think or feel I did nothing and still regret it. And remember he said, "call, text or have dinner with him sometimes."

Hi Ed. I don't know, I already gave up. Seriously it took him 2 or 3 day to response my text. His response is just 1 long text. He did mentioned that he sorry about taking so long to response my text and explain his reasons but still I don't think I can deal with this. I feel like responding me is the last thing on his to do list. Plus he only contact me through text and I only met him once. Feel like I forgot how he look like already. Last Friday he did ask me if I have any plan for the weekend and I told him I have to study Saturday and go to church on Sunday other than that no other plan. Was he want to ask me out at that time? Is this a bad sign?

Quote Originally Posted by ShirleyY View Post
    Hi Lost_man,

I didn't texted back though seemed like this guy is really into his little world. A world that is hard for someone to enter. So I guess I shouldn't be waisting my time. What do you think?

- - - Updated - - -
    You will never know about him if you do not try. I understand how it is to be shy and I have missed many a good chance with thoughts like this quote. I know it is scary to kind of go out on a limb, but even if it does not work out with him at least you will have tried and hopefully you will get a few good memories if not more.

It sounds like he is a busy guy and maybe he was trying to fine sometime for a date. I am not sure about him, but if I had expressed interest and it seemed like the other person wasn't really interested. I am not sure how hard I would work to make time. It is similar to how I act with people who seem to want to be friends. I will try to get them to hangout, but if they do not put any effort in the I see it as them not thinking I am worth the effort. Well that could just be me.