+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Update on Wood's

Update on Wood's

Hey Folks,

I posted a thread some time ago regarding my sweetheart and I. Allot of you had some very thoughtful words and appreciated advice. I'd like to offer an update because much has happened, and much happened due in part to you fine folks.

Therapy. Started it. ( suggested by some of you) you know who you are.
    Sweetheart and I have both been seeing a therapist of sorts regarding stuff from both of our pasts. He'll be going for some solo sessions this week as well, my turn next time. (we be broke but it's worth it)
    The consumption issue is doing what it will. Up, then down. Roller coaster ride but it is my hope that with some time, he'll get through this.. Hey, I'm not perfect myself.
    I am hoping sweetheart will feel cozy enough to share with this person what he will not share with me. Childhood. I think he had a rough one at times.
    I swear, he is the best person I have ever met; it pains me to sense he had it rough way back then. I know it is a reason why he drinks as he does.

We addressed the weird phenomena that happens when we are around other people and apparently, we need to get out more and socialize and not be so uber protective over one another because hey, after all, it's normal and natural to be around other people now and then.
    We know we are different.

Anyway, appreciate all the help from my omnipresent anonymous cosmic angels; even the odd lil devil.
    thank you.
    Hope your all well

grats, woody for the both of ya. how has things been going since the therapy now? don't think the others who posted on your off topic thread has seen this might want to post it maybe in that random thread or someplace in off topic?
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

Thanks Exeter,

Yup, things are going well all in all; amazing how a little talk therapy from an outside point of view helps heaps.
    Sweetheart is drinking less. Hasn't cut it out completely but I feel the reasons for him doing it in the first place are coming to light and through this, clarity is coming.
    I must say, receiving the support and kind words from strangers here on this site has been both surprising and helpful.
    He is the best man/person I have ever met. Took y e a r s to find him and well, he found me. Uncanny how after all that time alone, desolate and nearly giving up, this bright man happened to live two doors down from my new home (once I got out of the old woods into the new woods) and came right to my door and knocked my knees out, meaning, made them numb. I could tell he was saying something but all I heard was angels singing. Strangest thing, strangest most wonderful thing.
    Years later, the spice is stronger than ever. Yeah, he's the one for me...

again, many thanks.
    hope your well
    I could post this in another zone but it's all good. Just a little update is all. Thought it would be cool to tell people their suggestions were taken literally and actually helped quite some.
    anyway, happiness all round...

- - - Updated - - -

By any chance, That odd lil devil you're referring to isn't me, is it, lol

te he hehehe. Uh, maybe? hehehehe. Where would we be, what balance would we have without?? he he t eh.
    Last edited by woody; 25-09-14 at 02:08 AM.

Oh, but I said something nice

I still get confused by your gender. Yesterday I referred to you as "he" because of your username. Sorry

Since when did a woman ever have a woody, lol

You're still my fave. I think you're sweet woody oh dear woody.

Woody=trees. But yeah, I thought the moniker might confuse people but then I had it, and I liked it so I kept it.

Hey, your always straight up and I appreciate that, I truly do and yes, you are nice in a straight up, no baloney, big ballzie way and I dig that, I really do. Refreshing.
    Check out the thread about the man helping out his lady friend who got attacked. Navy woman. By golly, i'm all up in arms over it. Full on tears here, feel like punching something. He could use some words from you.

Hey, your great.

That is terrific good news for you, woody and your partner as well. Continued success.