+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Doubting my relationship...Need a Male Perspective

^^^ Ha, you are wrong once again! You assume that all depression is caused by hormonal imbalance, I'm sorry to disappoint you, but some depression are actually hereditary and can't be dealt with healthy diet.

Have you heard of refractory depression? Read about it and educate yourself before you preach something wrong and and will actually drive people to kill themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

Pro active is not trying to get help from bunch of internet strangers who are non professionals in the field of psychiatry. Being pro active entails going to the highly specialized individuals who are experts in the field of depression.

^^Yes well we do NOT know how she became depressed now do we. Nope.
    and she is here seeking advice which means to some extent she is being pro active.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dontaskme View Post
    ^^^ Who's ridiculing who? I'm being flat out straight and realistic here. No sugar coating. She's not being pro active if her relationship is suffering, obviously. Was I not being helpful in telling her to go back to her doctor to see if she can go back to her meds?

Eating healthy will not help her depression. Don't be ridiculous and naive. Meds and psychotherapy will help her depression.
    Man you best read before you post. NEver said eating food would help with her depression. I simply said, 'go eat some food" (helps one think cha know)
    good grief.
    Piece of work sometimes aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by woody View Post
    ^^Yes well we do NOT know how she became depressed now do we. Nope.
    and she is here seeking advice which means to some extent she is being pro active.

- - - Updated - - -

Man you best read before you post. NEver said eating food would help with her depression. I simply said, 'go eat some food" (helps one think cha know)
    good grief.
    Piece of work sometimes aren't you?
    Oops, my bad about the diet... Apologies for that one. But no to asking a bunch of internet strangers for advice. Depression is a serious issue and should be dealt with by professionals and not by someone here saying that the hormones can be balanced by eating a healthy diet. Shit is anyone here even a dietitian to tell her what kinds of food can balance the hormones? WTF!

Who are you kidding?!!

- - - Updated - - -

And exactly, you don't know how she became depressed, more reason not to give your so called "expert" advise on how to deal with it except to go tell her to go back to her physician and/or therapist to discuss her issues. Clear?

Oops, my bad about the diet... Apologies for that one. But no to asking a bunch of internet strangers for advice. Depression is a serious issue and should be dealt with by professionals and not by someone here saying that the hormones can be balanced by eating a healthy diet. Shit is anyone here even a dietitian to tell her what kinds of food can balance the hormones? WTF!

Who are you kidding?!!

- - - Updated - - -

And exactly, you don't know how she became depressed, more reason not to give your so called "expert" advise on how to deal with it except to go tell her to go back to her physician and/or therapist to discuss her issues. Clear?
    Your contra indicating your self again. Never advised her on diet and definitely didn't say diet would help her depression. Clear? Simply said go eat some food. Depressed folks often don't eat enough and as you well know, we must feed to survive.
    Never gave so called expert advice; nor did you. We offered our opinions and gave some support.
    If you have a problem with me, bring it.

Quote Originally Posted by woody View Post
    Your contra indicating your self again. Never advised her on diet and definitely didn't say diet would help her depression. Clear? Simply said go eat some food. Depressed folks often don't eat enough and as you well know, we must feed to survive.
    Never gave so called expert advice; nor did you. We offered our opinions and gave some support.
    If you have a problem with me, bring it.
    Woody, woody, woody, I didn't say you gave the advice about the diet, but someone did say that hormones can be balanced by diet.

Did I not apologized to you and said it was my bad? And I wasn't referring to you about the expert advice but to someone who was talking about meds for depression and getting off meds before it is even completed is clearly not a good thing to say specially if that person isn't a physician, correct?

So calm your horses down woman, it wasn't you I was quoting. And if I have a problem about anything, I sure am not afraid to bring it on as you can tell. Cheers!
    Last edited by dontaskme; 13-09-14 at 08:25 AM.

Woody, woody, woody, I didn't say you gave the advice about the diet, but someone did say that hormones can be balanced by diet.

Did I not apologized to you and said it was my bad? And I wasn't referring to you about the expert advice but to someone who was talking about meds for depression and getting off meds before it is even completed is clearly not a good thing to say specially if that person isn't a physician, correct?

So calm your horses down woman, it wasn't you I was quoting. And if I have a problem about anything, I sure am not afraid to bring it on as you can tell. Cheers!
    Man, man, man
    Well silly ol me, I suppose because you had my quote above your post, I assumed you were talking to me. Well, oopsy daisy. Yes, you are indubitably fearless.
    Last edited by woody; 14-09-14 at 09:38 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12