+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I miss her call by 5 minutes she doesnt pick up when i cal her backl or call me back

I miss her call by 5 minutes she doesnt pick up when i cal her backl or call me back

What the hell man i missed her call by 5 minutes and i call her back and she doesn't pick up when i call her 5 minutes later much less call me back!!!! I feel like I only get one chance to talk to her and thats it its really frustrating me because this happens a lot and i dont know what this means i mean she doesnt go out and party and shit i know shes at home so am i just not important enough or what?

I don't know. Why don't you have a nice talk to her about this when you see her next? Tell her that sometimes you can't immediately get to your phone because you're busy at work (or whatever) and could she please not ignore you once you do have time to get back to her.

See how she reacts after you communicate to her and if she's acts the C-word that she appears to be, then dump her and find someone who is actually excited to hear from you and wouldn't ignore you just because you couldn't answer her immediately.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Is this a one time offense, or something she has done a lot? If this is the first time, I wouldn't necessarily suggest you make a big deal out of it. Next time you see her, just kind of bring it up casually. Something like "Hey, sorry I missed your call. I didn't get to my phone until about 5 minutes after. I called you back right away but I didn't get you." Just really leave it at that. It could be any number of things. Maybe, by chance, she just happened to get a call right after she got done trying you. Maybe she was out with a friend until late or something. So, if it is a one time thing I certainly wouldn't confront her about it in a "What the Hell?" kind of a way.

If she does it all the time, then maybe I'd say you be a little less friendly about it. I mean, I still wouldn't suggest you try to make an argument out of it, but then it would be reasonable to say something like "I don't understand why when I miss your call, you never answer even if I call back almost right away. I can't always get to the phone right away, but I will call you back when I can."

Anyways, good luck either way. Hope it goes well.

Quote Originally Posted by ldawg616 View Post
    its really frustrating me because this happens a lot and
    OMG, is your girl a 12 year old? Cause she acts like one. Talk to her about this just once, if things do not change, dump her childish behind.

Again, why jump to conclusions? It is entirely possible that something just happened to come up. Maybe she got a phone call practically right after you missed her call. Maybe when she called she was out somewhere and was just trying to grab you for a quick question or something. So, when you weren't able to answer she had to go back to whatever she was doing.

If this was the first time she ever did that, I wouldn't just jump to the conclusion that she intentionally ignored your call even though you called a mere 5 minutes later. And this is coming from somebody with such a low self-esteem that I am constantly expecting people will just stop liking me for some reason.... or no reason at all.

If it happens all the time, then I would start to think it is a bit disrespectful and I would ask her about it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEvilJester View Post
    Again, why jump to conclusions? It is entirely possible that something just happened to come up. Maybe she got a phone call practically right after you missed her call. Maybe when she called she was out somewhere and was just trying to grab you for a quick question or something. So, when you weren't able to answer she had to go back to whatever she was doing.

If this was the first time she ever did that, I wouldn't just jump to the conclusion that she intentionally ignored your call even though you called a mere 5 minutes later. And this is coming from somebody with such a low self-esteem that I am constantly expecting people will just stop liking me for some reason.... or no reason at all.

If it happens all the time, then I would start to think it is a bit disrespectful and I would ask her about it.
    Ah, read his post again, he said "this happens a lot".

Oh, look at that. You are right. How did I miss that?

Okay, so yeah, then I'd say talk to her about it. I still wouldn't necessarily recommend approaching it in a "WTF is your problem" kind of way right off the bat.... but I also wouldn't recommend you be overly friendly either. Because if it is something she does all the time, she doesn't deserve the courtesy. Personally, I'd probably say something (making sure to show I'm a little annoyed) along the lines of "I don't get why you consistently don't answer my calls in return when I miss your calls even if it is, like 5 minutes later. I can't always get to my phone right away, but I will call back once I can. It's not like I'm just intentionally ignoring your calls."

From there, let her reaction guide how you continue to respond. Either way, don't let yourself get pulled into a pointless argument. If she's petty enough that she is intentionally doing that, then maybe you deserve better and she is too immature to be with you. Either way, good luck. Hope it works out for you.