+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I don't know what I should do...HELP!!!!

I don't know what I should do...HELP!!!!

My boyfriend and I just broke up about 2 months ago. He tells me the same things bout working things out that he wants his time and space and we will see about working things out when he moves out of where he’s at now but he’s giving me mixed emotions cuz he’s wanted me to send him a message explaining why I do and think the way I do but when I did he says he doesn't have a comment about it right now. He’s wanted me to talk to him about what my kids have said bout the relationship and their issues with him, they’re my kids from a previous relationship. He’s told me that if we are going to work things out I need to start liking dogs and that everyone’s attitude needs to change and if he won the lottery he’d buy a place for us and there’s a couple of other things too but yet when I send him a message he just doesn't really want to reply. He does reply on a lot of it but there are days when he’s very elusive and I just don’t get it. I can even send him messages about our daughter and he still barely replies to me. Is he just trying to get my hopes up or what? Should I keep trying to talk to him or let him have his space and let him come to me? I’m just afraid to do that cuz I don’t want it to be too late for us when he does get his own place. I understand that if it’s meant to be it’ll happen but I’m still scared that I’m going to lose him completely with no chance at all to work things out tween us. At the same time I feel like I’m messing up my chances anyway cuz I’m sending him a lot of messages bout our relationship and I don’t want him to try to get me for harassment but I am trying cuz I really do want to work things out cuz I feel like 6 years is way too long to just want to throw it away like that but he makes me feel like I’m doing all of this trying for nothing cuz he doesn't really want to talk to me. I just don’t know what I should do.

Gather your britches, your self worth and give both of you more space to breath. If you bombard him with messages, (even though they are justified), if too many, he could be feeling drowned. 6 years is awhile, you have kids together be it from a past relationship or not, he's their step Dad. Of course you want to talk to him. But if he's going through something and not responding as much as you'd like, well, stand up for your self and provide this space.

Sure, won't be easy. Neither is torturing yourself over his aloof behavior.

Pride lady. Hey, if he wants space, give it to him. Show him your just fine without him around all the time. Sometimes a man needs to remember how strong his lady is, how independent she is. How life, goes on regardless.

You are a Mother. NOt some teenage girl. Self worth, pride, strength to you.