+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Some Opinions please. Thanks.

Some Opinions please. Thanks.

I've known this guy named A through another guy friend of mine named D in early August. We are from different state. Both of them came here for a short break. This guy A is 24 which is 3 years younger than me. He's a cute looking guy. It was my birthday few days later after they went back and he posted a long and sweet message on my fb page. Ever since, we started to pm using fb as we don't have each other's number. I decided to fly in to KL (state where he lives in) for my birthday celebration. I told him and he sounds so excited. He even invite me to stay over his house as he have guest room so that I don't have to waste money on hotel. I was there for 4 days 3 nights and he was out with me and my girls all the time. We had all the fun time! Until the last day he drop me to airport. He told me he'll most probably be coming over to PG (where I stay) in end of August. We still whatsapp each other most of the nights after I came back. He always 'like' what I post on fb. Until 26th August, I drove to KL( a 4 hours drive) and I met him up, just to spent few hours in a coffee shop with him then I drove back home. The super tired me reached home after another 4 hours long drive and I text him after I reached safely. I just have the urge to tell him about the infatuation feelings of me towards him after all the signals. And yea, I text him all those and I slept. This is what he replied:-
    "I already knew from the way u are behaving and talking to me few days back.. Good to know and straight to the point.. I am sorry but i just don't feel the same way you feel about me but i do like you but only as a friend.. Not really looking for a relationship for now and there is nothing to be awkward about la.. Don't worry i am not that type to simply boycott ppl.. I would really like for us to be friends you are a nice person steph".
    And we talked about it saying we are cool and everything will be fine. But it was not fine after all. He just disappear, no more from him from fb nor whatsapp or whatsoever. I did saw a girl tagged him on fb quite frequently these few days. His birthday is in November which I did thought of doing a surprise party for him- not having the intentions of having him back or whatsoever but because firstly, I'll be leaving for Canada next year and secondly I hope we can maintain how we used to be, talk, messaging and all. But I don't know will it be worthwhile and will I in his eyes look desperate? Can someone out there help?
    Thank you. 
    Last edited by Sweetgurl10; 14-09-14 at 08:11 PM.

i found over many years that when i feel something for a girl im amazed when they dont feel the same.its as tho we expect our feelings to be reciprocated automaticly.let it go,if you chase it will drive him away further as he will feel pressured.look elsewhere it will happen.good luck

What a HORRIBLE way for you to SETTLE by being his sometime friend that is only good for one thing... keeping you infatuated and therefore not open to meeting other men, who live near you and WHO WILL like you "in that way."

Drop the chump and go ZERO contact from him. You don't need a long distance friend who you obsess over because he's not really being even friendly never mind a true friend.

Don't waste anymore time, money or emotions on him.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Well, I just saw that girl tagged him on fb that they went movie together. So yes, I'll be spring cleaning my fb friends. I know if I continue to see girls tagging him on fb, it'll be hard on me. *sigh* Sometimes I really wonder was it the right choice that I told him how I felt. If not I guess we still text like how we used to be :'(

Of course if was the right choice to tell him. If you hadn't told him then you would be crushing on him for even longer and wasting your time thinking that his attention to you meant that he liked you romantically too.

This way, now that you know you can get on with your life and set your sights on someone who is closer and who will reciprocate your infatuation and interest.

It's a win/win... Afterall, he's not even really close enough to form any type of viable platonic relationship with anyway.

Onward and upward, Sweetgurl.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Agree with the others above. Whatever friendship you had with him is over. These things happen and people like to hold onto the idea that they can preserve aspects of the friendship/relationship but the truth is that you can't. Some larger emotions have changed the nature of things and neither party is going to feel comfortable pretending things are not different now. Unfortunately you have to wipe the slate clean in these situations to force yourself to heal over time, otherwise you'll cling on to some kind of fantasy that ultimately hurts you more and for longer.