+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Being with only one girl your entire life?

Being with only one girl your entire life?

I am sure this has been covered, though it did not come up in the first couple pages of searching.

Anyway,
    My GF and I are 24 years old, and have been together for over 4 years. We deeply love each other and agree we could be together for a very long time.

The problem is, that I wonder (on a daily basis) what it would be like to experience another girl, (not to find someone “better”, since that is unlikely) we have discussed this on and off for the past 1.5 years or so (we discuss everything) and cannot come up with a resolution. I cannot decide what I need to do either… when I am 40 will I regret never experimenting?

Do we take a “break”? A break may not work since I would prob put too much emphasis on finding another person which may make my intentions too blatant, especially since I have little experience in meeting girls.

Another option considered was to stay together until (if) I (or her, though she has much less desire to date than me) stumbled upon a girl to go on a date with, which I suppose is called; “seeing other people”, which sounds like total BS, but may be better than a break?

From past inquisition it has been about 50/50. Some people say it is great to marry a first love, the rest say you must experience a range of people before deciding, including questions like “How do you know if you never go out with anyone else?”.

Availability is another problem; there is no line of girls waiting to go out with me, and I am generally not one for the bar/club/social scene.

Your opinions will be well appreciated.

Thanks,
    J

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    if you don't have problems, then why bother fixing it?? from what i have found in all my years of trial and error is that when you find something good, don't bother questioning it because you'll more than likely find more problems that you thought were possible.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yeah why fix something thats not broken? If you find someone you really connect with and things are going great..I say go with it. Its not as easy as you think to find someone like that nowdays.

Why throw it all away just to experiement and see what else is out there? Cuz honestly I see that hurting your relationship.......unless that is....YOU are really unhappy deep down but just stay with her because its familiar and you have been with her so long.

I'm telling you....if you have it made now.....don't question it. If you are unhappy though.....then do what you need to and see other people.
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

I agree with what people said above..besides..there is really nothing special about experiencing other girls. They all have the same sex organs, mouths, and faces...if anything you will actually be dissapointed. Does she want to experiment with other guys?
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    or another question besides OV's.....Has she been with other guys?
    Is that why you want to experiment or do you just feel like your missing out?

YOu said that you don't expect to find better....becuz everything would be hard to compart to her.......so it would be just meaningless sex....and honestly if you end up just getting with a girl for just sex......chances are shes been around the block already and not only does she have experience....she may have diseases.etc. Any girl who is gonna put out that is decent will be looking for more from you.....and you already have all of that. You just need to stick with it. Not worth ruining a good relationship over IMO.
    Last edited by Ellynn; 24-08-05 at 03:42 PM.
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

If she makes you happy and you seriously love her, then why "experiment" with anyone else? Would you like her "experimenting" other guys? Plus if emotionally she is perfect then what can another girl offer you? Physically her and another girl are the same, sizes and curves maybe different but its all the same.
    If a man says something in the woods and there are no women around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Hey man as long as you two just talk about and reflect on how this exclusive relationship could in future bring is ok but if your girlfriend would agree to stay around til you manage to meet someone to date or to take a break just to allow you to then sorry but there's much wrong with herself. Did I get it right.. is this the case?
    For what concerns you my advise in life and relationships as well is never change things just to change. If your relationship is doing well dont convince yourself for absurd reasons to change it.
    keep well

Forget it. I've only been with two girls and although similar thoughts have crossed my mind, I'd never leave the woman I love now for anything (voluntarily).

Tone Guest
    I agree with what the others are sayin here.

Chances are if you did act on this - you'd end up regretting it later. Like was said - if you are happy with her and think she is someone special - don't screw it up. Finding something good is very rare, indeed.

Consider going to a "swingers" gathering. This way you and your gf can experiment sexually with lots of other couples, without breaking a bond of trust.

Tone Guest
    Has anyone here ever done somethin like that ^

I personally have yet to be a "swinger". But, I got the idea from my gf. She has a friend who didn't have sex for 3 years (very nice, and easy going girl). The 3 of us were going to be hanging out that night, drinking lots of vodka, and me smoking up.

Before we got together she explained that her friend is lonely and sexually deprived, and so she that she wouldn't feel like a third wheel, if we could both give her some attention. I was like "Well...yeah..I guess I could.

We had a threesome that night. It was awesome!! So anyways just keep in mind its an option; you dont have to cheat, break up, or hurt anyone if you want a little fun on the side.

Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    Has anyone here ever done somethin like that ^
    If I did, I wouldn't admit it.....

Tone Guest
    LoL why not? It's the internet...

Now I'm suspicious of you shh! You DID do something like that didn't you!?

With lots of other couples? Ha! Surely you jest! Do you have any idea how germ phobic I am? Besides, I am fairly private, and I can't think of a GROUP of people I would want to sleep with - even if I handpicked them - let alone random people. Yuck.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast