+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I am really confused about how she feels?

I am really confused about how she feels?

We are both 29 and she is recently divorced and her last relationship was a nightmare and it left her with some major trust issues. Well I'm out of town for the summer and won't be back home for a couple more months and we have been talking on Facebook every now and then. I've known her for almost a year now as well. Well about a week ago I sent her a message on Facebook asking her how she felt about me and this isn't the first time I've asked her and she told me that she just wanted to be friends right now.
    I told her if I wasn't her type to please just tell me but she wouldn't give me an answer and started ignoring me. So a few days later I called her using the Facebook free call and she picked up and we talked for almost half an hour and she told me that she just wasn't ready yet and asked me why I liked her so much. I told her and when we said goodbye she said im really happy you called.
    the next day though she uninstalled Facebook messenger so I couldn't call her on Facebook so I messaged her asking for her number telling her I had lost it when I got a new phone. She never messaged me back but then yesterday she poked me on Facebook which she does when she wants to talk so I messaged her but she never replied back... I'm kind of confused here on how she feels??

Unless she is using a desktop, laptop, or possibly her browser on a mobile device then she likely isn't seeing your messages or anyone else's for that matter. The reasoning for this unfortunately is because Facebook has changed their mobile app to where if you do not have the Facebook messenger also then you aren't able to access messages on mobile devices. My suggestion if you haven't done this would be to maybe leave a post on her wall asking her to call or text you. Otherwise, maybe time would help? I know after I got out of a bad marriage it took me a while to be ready to trust anyone and there wasn't anything anyone could have done other than give me time to be able to gradually allow myself to trust them.

To me, it sounds like she is as unsure as you are. I would advise you not to push her to give you a reply just yet. You've already told her how you feel, so give it a little time and she will eventually give you a straight answer.

If you end up being too pushy and pressuring her to give you an answer right away, you might just succeed in pushing her away when you might have had a good chance with her in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Resessions View Post
    Unless she is using a desktop, laptop, or possibly her browser on a mobile device then she likely isn't seeing your messages or anyone else's for that matter. The reasoning for this unfortunately is because Facebook has changed their mobile app to where if you do not have the Facebook messenger also then you aren't able to access messages on mobile devices. My suggestion if you haven't done this would be to maybe leave a post on her wall asking her to call or text you. Otherwise, maybe time would help? I know after I got out of a bad marriage it took me a while to be ready to trust anyone and there wasn't anything anyone could have done other than give me time to be able to gradually allow myself to trust them.
    Hello, I am having a similar problem. Tho, I sent a message to a friend that aparently used Facebook Mobile. She messaged me back (maybe on a Desktop), and after a few messages, she is simply ignoring me or not replying. Could it be because of the Facebook Messenger issue that I wasn't aware of?
    PS: in the Facebook chat message, it is written that that the message was read.

Why are you not listening to her? She told you she isn't ready for any relationship. All she wants is a little attention, comfort, and friendship. You are already being pushy putting her on the spot like that. Asking if there is any attraction or hope for a future relationship is needy, so I can see why she stepped back.

My advice to you is to back off. Even tho you want some promise that something will flourish between you, as the saying goes you can't always get what you want, at this time.

Your best bet is to date other people. If she comes around she comes around....if she doesn't then you didn't waste your time waiting for her to make up her mind.
    Last edited by Lord Darkshire; 19-09-14 at 08:48 AM.

She's stringing you along. She's not into you, period. End of the story.

Give her some space for now. Maybe she feels it's too much for her right now. If you really love her she'll realize it and you'll be with her in the end. Try not to be too clingy