+ Follow This Topic

Thread: what is this???

what is this???

i recently ended a relationship i had been in for a while and a good friend of mine and i started hooking me up he calls me pet names and refers to me as his girl at times but we have yet to define whats going on i thought it was just friends having casual sex but we've established we both have feelings for each other... he ask to see me everyday we laugh and have a great time being around each other but id like to know what exactly we are because he says we're not dating but he also says we aren't just friends with benefits thoughts on how to figure this out??

It's very clear. He's keeping his options open which means he can see/date other women while he is NOT committed to you.

What do you want "this" to be?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Tell him your not cool with being "in between" so your bailing to find someone who can give you what you want/need/deserve. All the bf/gf benefits with the title. He can either shape up or ship out. You have to grab the bull by the horns and take control of YOUR life. Let someone treat you like an "option" and they will

If your willing to tolerate and accept this then he has no motivation to change, does he?

If you were okay with it, there is nothing inherently wrong with you two being together but not exactly defined yet. It sounds like you aren't really okay with it, though, and that is also perfectly okay. So, I'd say just have a serious, but friendly conversation with him about what you want and if that is something of which he can seeing being a part.

If you can help it, you don't want to turn it into an argument. That will just wind up causing frustration and hurt feelings. At the same time, though, you both deserve to get what you want in a relationship. If that doesn't match up for the two of you, then there is nothing wrong with ending things amicably. Just because you two get along very well does not automatically mean you are meant to be a couple. You could just be really good friends. So, there should be no harm if you two may not work out as a couple. You just shouldn't leave each other hanging too long without making sure you are both on the same path. Otherwise, the longer you wait, the more it will hurt to end it.

Good luck. I hope you find what you are looking for, whether that is him or turns out to be another guy.

He thinks he likes you but would like to keep his options open. You have to get your foot down and tell him that you need to define what you have, if not, then you would like to stop (if that is what you like). Be careful, there's a possibility he has multiple partners so always use protection. Goodluck!
    What's sabotaging your chances at love? --> https://dyenag.leadpages.net/kick-ass