+ Follow This Topic

Thread: i don't know how to ask this guy for another chance?

i don't know how to ask this guy for another chance?

Hi. Last year in Sept 2013 I met an amazing man. I actually met him on accident. My friend and I walked into our building for class in school (college) and this guy happened to be inside. My friend, who is friend with him introduced us. We dated and everything was going great. Then one day we stopped dating in January. We got into arguments about him and I. Stopped talking for 3 weeks until I got an apology email and an apology in voice mail and I still have it saved on my phone. I love this man and I care about him but he doesn't seem to get it. He tells me he offered me a second chance at us but I rejected it. I didn't know he offered me a second chance because he never said anything at the time he was talking about. He brings girls into my face telling me which girls he thinks is hot or cute and also told me he went on a date with another girl last night but I didn't want to hear about it. I even asked him "what would happen if I did ask for a second (or in my friends case third) chance, huh what would you have said?" and he told me " I don't know because you never asked me" which makes complete sense since I never asked him... I really want to ask for another chance with him but i'm afraid I will get rejected. We have so much in common, I will do anything for this man I care so much about him. He puts himself down and I don't like when he does that. What should I do? I don't know how to ask for another chance with the fear of rejection. I love him and can't shake him off.

He did tell me if I did ask for another chance he would think about it, its just that I do not know when to ask because we had an argument last night about "us" and I know if I ask him soon he will reject me, I do not want that to happen he means the world to me. He admitted me to earlier in the year he really thought I was the one for him. I want that to happen, I want that to be true, I feel like I am not wasting my time. i'm fighting to be with the love of my life. I want him and everything he tells me (except with trying to make me jealous since he likes to tease me...) makes me believe he wants to be with me either, but its my turn to try to get another chance since when he tried it didn't work out or I misunderstood what he was trying to do... I feel so stupid

- - - Updated - - -

I forgot to mention this guy and I do everything together. I feel so myself with him. We are in the same class in school, going in the same major, taking all our classes together....I don't want anyone else.not my ex, not the guy down the block, not a guy in California not even a guy from Japan! I want this guy

You are getting a little crazy that's why there are the arguments, and his indecisiveness to be with you again. You are in a bad way, the more he is out of reach, with other girls, talking to other girls, out partying, teasing you, ignoring you etc....the more you desire him. That is very unhealthy, and it will only get worse.

You are best to step away from him, see that the way he treats you is bad and how you are losing your self worth over this.

thank you. I am going to have a talk with him when he calls me later because we do need to have a conversation. I just want everything to stop and with all these arguments too. If nothing goes through his head then I am going to back away from him. I have to deal with him until December anyways because that's when the semester is over and i'm in the same class with him. I realize what I am doing but its going to stop, I'm putting an end to it today

"what would happen if I did ask for a second (or in my friends case third) chance, huh what would you have said?" and he told me " I don't know because you never asked me"
    No you'd rather just get strung along and hurt daily by an asshole that didn't answer your question but rather reflected it back to you to be the one to be open and vulnerable while he walked away from you.

You're wasting your time and your good emotions on a jerk, an asshole, a player, douche. WHY?

Why wouldn't you have enough self-respect, enough confidence that the right man is out there for you, the personal boundaries to just tell this guy to stop contacting you and then block and delete him so that you can actually have the time and space to get the hell over him?

I don't even know you but I know you can do better then the likes of him.

I think you're foolish to try to be with this guy in any capacityhowever, if you're going to talk to him then you best know how to actually communicate and KNOW when someone is manipulating you. You thought his deflection "I don't know because you never asked me" was understandable when all it was, was manipulation and a non-answer.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion