+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another rough day.

Another rough day.

Looks like it's going to be another rough day. I picked her up last night at the Greyhound station...she had been home for 5 days. I could barely get her to talk but she was tired so after a few beers alone back at the house, I let it slide. She called me this morning to see if I wanted to hang out tonight like we usually do on Wednesdays. She said she didn't really care much so I told her to screw it. I explained that I want to hang out with her but this "I don't care much" crap is a kick in the teeth so to hell with it. After a bit more discussion she started blowing more hot air about how she doesn't give a F about anything and doesn't really know or care what she wants to do.

Then she started saying she really wanted to go to pursue a Masters in Historic Preservation. As I mentioned before, this would force her out of state. At least at this time, she sounded confident this is what she wanted. I then informed her that the research I had done over the weekend revealed her GPA would most likely prevent her from getting into graduate school anywhere.

"Guess that sucks for me" was her snotty reply. I don't know what to do with this woman!!! She's totally shorted a circuit somewhere. She did admit she had been snappy all day as she integrates back into society. (She was away participating in a Rennaissance Faire by the way). I told her that was no reason to be an Ass to others and agreed to give her some time to get back in gear before taking a verbal path either of us would regret.

tavs, holding on sucks. the world awaits.

i'm sorry you're having a rough day.

it's been a pretty rough week for me too, but i think god loves me because i keep running into people that bring another their sunlit smiles into my darkness.
    "Ogres are like onions."

Tone Guest
    I don't really see what the big problem is in your post to be honest... sounds like she's just really confused/frustrated about her academic future.

She's confused about her future period. From what I've found, her academic future has run it's course, she just needs to go get some experience and go from there. But how long should I wait for her to figure it out? It's not like she's 'researching' options or anything, she's just wasting away her time. I'm willing to finish out the 6 months she asked for but that's when I have to give up and move on, Right? I have to move on with my life at some point despite the love in my heart.

but that's what she wants to do.. you've found that it's run its course, but if she doesn't think that, then, why stop her?
    "Ogres are like onions."

I'm not stopping her. Who said she doesn't agree? I just told her that her GPA won't qualify her for admissions. If she doesn't want to be with me, then fine, all she has to do is say so. Everytime I've tried to move on, she has dragged me back by pulling on my heartstrings.

then you keep going on..
    "Ogres are like onions."

When it rains it poors. I follow the rules, and listen to the guidance I get here, but even that's not always enough. Thats all I wanted to say

what do you want us to tell you?

Nothing, but thanks for asking. I just needed to post.

nothing...

haha.. oh misombra...
    tavs, you'll be fine..
    we'll both drag along, and we'll all be okay!
    "Ogres are like onions."

Tone Guest
    LoL...

TAVS, I think you're frustration of the whole situation is taking over and you're making a mountain out of a mole hill.. in other words - you're making things sound way worse than they are.

I sure hope so but it's not lookin good...I'll be damned if this isn't going to be the worst time I could have picked to go on Vacation.

TAVS, you should come to albuquerque with me and misombra. drink some wine, it'll cheer you up.
    "Ogres are like onions."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast