+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Guys, would it be a turn off for you?

Guys, would it be a turn off for you?

Guys, would you think it's creepy if a girl looked you in the eyes for 4-5 secs without saying anything but smiling.
    Imagine it's a first date and you are sitting at a cafe table. Then when u've run out of topics and there's silence she just looks you in the eyes and smiles for a few seconds.
    I do it sometimes to see a guy's reaction - to see how long he can hold my gaze. Also sometimes I can see if there are sparks of attraction when I do this.
    So do u find it very creepy?

no, i'd think she liked how i looked if she was staring at me and smiling or thinking something nice about me.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

thank you.
    I wish I got more opinions.

If it's always intentional and/or forced rather than a natural phase out/in, eyes locked, heart pounding scenario, yeah, I'd wonder what the scoop is.
    Stare at me to see how I react? I'd rather things happen naturally over getting involved with someone who tests my response to his/her stare. I would think (and this is just my opinion) that they might be a game player of sorts; Stare at me and see how much I squirm. That being said however, 4-5 seconds isn't very long.
    It would also depend on how many other people you stared at at any given time.

Nah, it's not creepy.
    ...as ancient astronaut theorists would suggest

Actually, I think it would be cute, as long as she were smiling. I'd probably laugh and ask what she was staring at for so long (5 seconds staring in silence is a long time). Some people are easily intimidated though, so I wouldn't recommend doing that on a [first] date.