+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Butterflies... now what?

Butterflies... now what?

I posted this in the teen section but that does not seem very active anyway. I'm about out of that age category anyway, plus I wanted to add some things.
    So, I'm a freshman in college. Never really dated. Honestly, I have always been too busy with school and extracurriculars to have time. Basically, I'm an innocent hopeless romantic. My roommate has had me going to some of the socials at one of our campus scholarship houses. The activity two weeks ago was swing dancing. I went in never having done that style of dancing before, and really only having danced with a guy one other time. I danced with several guys in the beginning, picking up on the basics. Then this other one came up and said "My turn." I danced with and talked to him for the rest of the night. He was the one who kept asking for the next dance and was guiding the conversation. It was so nice to finally let a guy take a little bit of control and by the end of the night we had gotten really good. It's been a long time since I've had butterflies over a guy and I'm not sure what to do next. I didn't get his number and he wasn't at the social last week (it was a bad movie night) but I keep thinking about him. Basically, any insight is appreciated. In everything but dating, I am extremely confident but with guys I never want to seem forward. Any advice as far as where to go from here and what to do next time I see him is appreciated. Also, does the fact that he kept talking to me for that long indicate that he was interested?

Let's say he was really flirting with you right now and he was interested. Ok. BUT, follow-up is also very important. That's no different than just a one night stand, if nothing happens next you really can't expect anything. Sorry to say this but that's most likely the case
    What's sabotaging your chances at love? --> https://dyenag.leadpages.net/kick-ass

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer412 View Post
    I posted this in the teen section but that does not seem very active anyway. I'm about out of that age category anyway, plus I wanted to add some things.
    So, I'm a freshman in college. Never really dated. Honestly, I have always been too busy with school and extracurriculars to have time. Basically, I'm an innocent hopeless romantic. My roommate has had me going to some of the socials at one of our campus scholarship houses. The activity two weeks ago was swing dancing. I went in never having done that style of dancing before, and really only having danced with a guy one other time. I danced with several guys in the beginning, picking up on the basics. Then this other one came up and said "My turn." I danced with and talked to him for the rest of the night. He was the one who kept asking for the next dance and was guiding the conversation. It was so nice to finally let a guy take a little bit of control and by the end of the night we had gotten really good. It's been a long time since I've had butterflies over a guy and I'm not sure what to do next. I didn't get his number and he wasn't at the social last week (it was a bad movie night) but I keep thinking about him. Basically, any insight is appreciated. In everything but dating, I am extremely confident but with guys I never want to seem forward. Any advice as far as where to go from here and what to do next time I see him is appreciated. Also, does the fact that he kept talking to me for that long indicate that he was interested?
    Yes, it does sound like he is interested. He kept asking you to dance with him right? Got along grandly all night, dancing away. Sounds nice... Good on you both.

When you see him next time, talk to him. Just talk to him; keep it down to Earth, keep it real, light and sweet and see how it goes. Listen to your butterflies; they will tell you what to do so enjoy them; they don't happen often so when they do, there's usually a good reason. Enjoy the process.

Thank you for the input. Andy, I didn't really "expect" anything. I know I only just met him but if the interest was there, I do have an excuse to talk to him at least once a week to get to know him better.