+ Follow This Topic
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking forward to what movies not out yet

I am excited to see the new "IT" movie. I also don't mind the new look, I guess.... but I will say this. The original Pennywise was better. This new design.... it feels like they tried too hard to make him scary/creepy. Though, due to my love of clowns (and even more so evil clowns) I am the wrong person to ask this..... But with the original he otherwise just looks like an actual clown. To me, I think that is what made it creepier/scarier when he goes all evil. With the new design, it just feels like they are trying too hard.

I am definitely still seeing it anyway, though. I will withhold judgment until I see the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by breathe123 View Post
    [MENTION=70896]Exeter19[/MENTION] ~ Me too on the new IT movie.

New IT vs old IT clown

I love the original... I never really enjoy these kinds of remakes when you have a soft spot for the original movies... Tim Curry was a hoot in the movie as Pennywise... and a awesome casting choice.

I prefer the creepy funny sicko clown over the obviously scarier looking one that is just demonic and not funny at all.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

I have to admit, too, the more and more I see of this new Pennywise in the previews, the more and more I am rolling my eyes. The more and more I am thinking "Come on! They are trying too hard to make him creepy and scary and that just actually makes him LESS creepy and scary."

Again, I'm going to withhold final judgment until I see the movie. I am sure I am going to probably love the movie anyway, and will probably enjoy the new Pennywise as well, but I just don't see it even holding a candle to Tim Curry's performance.

Did anyone else notice the kids in the new IT movie look strangely similar to the group of kids from Stranger Things, hehehe well least they do to me.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

Quote Originally Posted by Peter SC View Post
    Cult of Chucky, and Leatherface...
    I have a feeling Cult of Chucky is going to be pretty bad.... but that I'm still going to love it anyway. I have ALL the other Chucky/Child's Play movies including the other recent one Curse of Chucky. The later ones are bad... but I think enjoyably bad. I already have Cult of Chucky on pre-order on the Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by breathe123 View Post
    Did anyone else notice the kids in the new IT movie look strangely similar to the group of kids from Stranger Things, hehehe well least they do to me.
    I haven't noticed.... but now you said this I am going to look closer next preview I see of that movie. Do you think they re did scenes or casting to play off the success of that dynamic on Stranger Things?

I am a huge chucky fan and am looking forward to IT.

Releases this year that I know of in Order.
    1. Last Jedi
    2. BladeRunner
    3. IT
    4. American Assassin
    5. Murder on the Orient Express
    6. Kingsman
    7. Flatliners
    8. Foreigner
    9. Jigsaw

Quote Originally Posted by Peter SC View Post
    I heard it will be the best one yet. Seed and Bride are a bit funny, but hardly what the series was intended to be. I think with 3 getting all that controversy, they toned it down.
    Just to be fair, from what source did you hear it will be the best yet? ;-) Because, they ALWAYS say that. I VERY highly doubt that.... but I'm sure I am probably going to love it no matter what. The most recent one before this, "The Curse of Chucky," was pretty bad, but I still loved it. I am expecting sort of more of that, especially with it being another straight to video release. But, personally, I am happier getting something rather than nothing at all. Happy to see the franchise still alive.

The Mountain Between Us...

Stars Kate Wiinslet and Idris Elba.

Quote Originally Posted by dollhouse View Post
    The Mountain Between Us...

Stars Kate Wiinslet and Idris Elba.
    Neat. I like seeing Itchy Elbows in new movies. He's pretty cool.

Haha... made me laugh! Have you seen the new IT movie yet, [MENTION=71386]TheEvilJester[/MENTION].. I haven't yet but will this Friday..what would you give it on the 1-10 scale?

Jeez, [MENTION=78654]dollhouse[/MENTION]. It JUST came out! What necessarily makes you think I'd have seen it already? ...Maybe the fact that I DID? LOL! I actually saw it on opening day. I almost never do that, because I hate going to showings that are so crazy crowded. The last thing I want is to go and have a-holes talking through the whole movie, so I tend to wait at least a week or two.

But, a friend wanted to go and I figured why not? Thankfully, people were mostly quiet. IT was AWESOME! I loved it. I hate to compare it against the original, because it isn't really a fair comparison for a number of reasons. The original didn't have nearly the budget, was made when special effects aren't what they are today, and was a made for TV mini-series, NOT a movie. Still.... this may actually have been better than the original. But they are both very awesome in their own right.

I don't really like to rate things on a scale because I am too indecisive on my exact rating. Not everything can be a 9 or a 10. LOL! But, I really liked this.

You'll float too!

Goodbye Christopher Robin.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

Quote Originally Posted by lovebroken View Post
    Goodbye Christopher Robin.
    Is that like a terrifying new horror movie where Pooh and friends go rabid and kill and eat Christopher Robin?

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast